Chapter Five

*~*~*~*

did you regret ever standing by my side

did you forget what we were feeling inside

now i'm left to forget about

but somewhere we went wrong

we were once so strong

our love is like a song

you can't forget it

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

April 17, 2014

"I brought cookies!" Thayne's words seemed to echo throughout the studio as he made his way inside the space with two large boxes nestled in his arms. The sandy haired dancer made a beeline for the back table to set down the boxes of sweets. "And other shit!"

"Yeah, think I'll pass on the shit." A tall floofy haired man scoffed as some of the large group started to make their way towards the table to see what the Jasperson man had brought.

"More for me then, Daveed." Thayne stuck his tongue out at the younger man, refusing to let his sarcasm dampen his mood.

"Aw, these are so cute!" Emmy smiled brightly as she pulled out one of the cupcakes from the second box. The array of cupcakes had been decorated to resemble various Sesame Street characters, the one Emmy had chosen having bright yellow icing piped on top of it to resemble Big Bird.

"Look, it's Thayne!" Sydney teased as he grabbed one of the cupcakes that was topped with blue icing to resemble Cookie Monster-- it even had a little chocolate chip cookie in its mouth.

"Real funny," Thayne rolled his eyes as he helped himself to a few cookies from the boxes.

"Where'd you get these anyway?" Lin asked as he joined the group, always more than happy to have some extra sweets. "I thought you said the bakery down the street sucks?"

"Actually, I think his exact words were that 'they are everything that is wrong with the cookie industry and should just set themselves on fire?'" Chris recalled as he grabbed a whoopie pie for himself.

"Well they should," Thayne didn't feel an ounce of regret or embarrassment for his past words-- still finding them completely justified. "But no, I got these from my friend's bakery. You remember Beck, right, Lin? She had one of the other workers drop them off so she could have something for break."

"Right, the dancing baker." Lin hummed as he remembered the woman Thayne had tricked into coming by the studio Monday morning. As the two men spoke to one another they didn't notice the furrowed brows of the youngest member of the group.