Chapter Thirteen

*~*~*~*

if you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea

i'll sail the world to find you

if you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see

i'll be the light to guide you

find out what we're made of

when we are called to help our friends in need

you can count one me like one two three

i'll be there

and i know when it i can count on you like four three two

you'll be there

cause that's what friends are supposed to do

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

June 10, 2014

"You know, you're gonna have to talk to me about this sooner or later." Thayne hummed as he sat at one of the tables in the bakery that early afternoon. He had been there for nearly an hour already, bugging Beck about what had happened the previous Saturday. How it had been revealed that she had apparently known-- and lied about knowing-- Anthony from years earlier.

"I thought my lies made it kinda obvious that I choose later." Beck practically grunted as she carried a pan of fresh pastries out from the kitchen. She couldn't help but wish that the man would just give up already-- that she would take her avoiding and ignoring him for the last few days as enough of a hint.

"I'm still confused," Delia frowned from her seat next to Thayne at the table. "Which one is it that she knew?"

"Anthony Ramos," Thayne told the redhead for the third time that day. "You met him at the club. The shorter guy with long dark curly hair?"

"The one that was following her around like a lost puppy?" Delia finally managed to remember the man. At the Jasperson man's nod her brows furrowed in confusion and her gaze snapping back towards the other woman. "Why in the hell would you lie about knowing him? He's cute!"

"And this is why I don't take your advice. You think with your vagina," Beck scoffed.

"And I've had sex within the last month whereas its been how long for you?" Delia easily countered. "You've gotta pull your head out of your ass soon if you don't wanna have cobwebs growing in there sweetie."