Chapter Eight

*~*~*~*

i can't tell you what it really is

i can only tell you what it feels like

and right now there's a steel knife in my windpipe

i can't breathe but i still fight while i can fight

as long as the wrong feels right it's like i'm in flight

high off of love drunk from my hate

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

May 26, 2014

Beck Starr never had and never planned to be a party-going girl. In college she was never the type of person to go out to the frat houses or try to smuggle alcohol into her dorm, it just wasn't the type of person she was. Even now that she was old enough to legally drink, she didn't do so frequently. Usually her "fun nights" just consisted of hanging out with Delia and Thayne around the apartment, the friends sharing some drinks-- usually enough for Delia to get drunk while Thayne and Beck only drank enough to become slightly buzzed.

However, the moment that Delia Breeland had heard from Thayne about the possibility of them going out that night with some of his colleagues the redhead had been on the phone with the Starr woman. Refusing to let Beck get out of the outing with some claim of needing to be up early for work or not being in the mood to go dancing. Delia wasn't having it. Insisting that Beck needed to just let loose for a night and actually enjoy herself for the first time in a long time.

Hence why Beck now found herself standing in her bedroom with her laptop open, Delia's face filling the screen as she gave the younger woman instruction after instruction.

"What about this?" Beck asked as she pulled a pair of black jeans and a blue top from her closet and dresser. Delia having insisted that she pick what Beck was going to wear for their night out, not trusting the other woman to pick something suitable for a club.

"We're going to a club, not a book reading," Delia scoffed at the outfit, even giving two thumbs down through the video call.

"How would you know what someone wears to a book reading?" Beck playfully scoffed. As she did so the familiar patter of paws on the floor filled her ears, alerting the woman to Meeko joining her in the bedroom. The dog only glanced towards her owner before jumping up on the bed and settling down for a nap.

"I've watched movies," Delia shrugged the jab off. "What about dresses? I know you've gotta have some sexy dresses hiding somewhere in that closet!"