miss jackson.

P!ATD has been a longtime favorite. *shrugs*

(Yandere! Nightmare x Killer)

FANON

YANDERE: A person so devoted to someone/something that their initial innocent interest becomes destructive. They are known to do anything to get someone/something. (Paraphrased)

For the record, that is NOT like Yandere Simulator's Yandere, Ayano. This Nightmare does have feelings, a literal life, charisma, etc. No hate, it's just different.

---

It was hard fitting in for Nightmare. Of course, even if you were the most charismatic person in the world, four slimy tentacles on your back would scare everyone away. It didn't really matter anyway. He had his own clique, you had yours. And it was going to stay that way.

He had a band of outcasts. Well, mostly outcasts. Cross, the paranoiac kid that would flip tables by "accident" in class. Error, the aggressive kid that would punch you if you even tried talking to him. Nightmare himself, a bad omen to anyone that had to be his desk partner. And, well, Killer. A rich kid that was known for being shady and "in the streets".

Killer was in every way perfect to the octopus. Playful, crazy, fierce. Had scars everywhere. Had careless parents. Had a bad reputation. The Bonnie to his Clyde.

To be honest, Nightmare wasn't unfamiliar with murder. In fact, he had done it with his brother, Dream, a long time ago when his mother started repeatedly beating him. A few head-slams into the kitchen counter, and it had been ruled as "self-defense". He had experienced the rush of adrenaline, a high to his system. Dream testified on his side, saying that their mother was "violent, murderous, a danger to society".

It was supposed to end at that. A bad past. But ever since, he didn't bat an eye at murder. It seemed like a regular occurrence. And if he ever had to do it again, he would. Especially if he found out someone was hurting his destined soulmate.

Leaning against the windowsill, he watched the second-years play outside. It was cloudy outside, but they didn't seem to mind. Sighing, he turned back to his desk-mate. Killer, who was currently trying to solve a math problem. "You're still not finished, yet?"

He looked up at Nightmare, rolling his eyes. "Sorry, but I'm not good at math like you." Lifting up his paper so the taller could see, he asked, "What the hell is this? I have no fuckin' clue."

"Language, Killer," the teacher called out.

"Oops, sorry, miss." Sighing, he looked up with puppy eyes. "Pleaseee, Night?"

Nightmare let out an amused huff. "Fine, but you'll have to buy me lunch." Grabbing the paper, he immediately knew the answer. It was a challenge question which he had spent a minute on, but ultimately he figured it out. "This one is optional."

"I know, but I feel like I'm falling behind," Killer sighed, resting his chin on his hand. "Am I stupid?" He seemed genuinely upset. The taller felt a jolt of panic. Was he having a bad day?

"No! Why would you say that!" he yelled, causing all of his classmates to look at him. After curtly apologizing, he leaned closer to Killer. "You're perfect. Why are you saying all these patronizing things?" He had to know why just in case someone was interfering with the smaller's happiness. It was harder to get him to return romantic feelings if his sweetheart was upset.

"I-I don't know, it's just-" Killer hiccuped before adding, "-I feel like (Sorry Color I'm throwin' you under the bus-) Color is better than me at everything." Wiping a tear away with the sleeve of his black turtleneck, he gave a shaky smile. "It's okay though, I'll just launder my dad's money if things don't work out- then I'll... pay him back someday." Getting up, he called out, "I'm going to the bathroom, miss." Then without waiting for a response, he ran out.