baby came home.

I only listened to baby came home 2/ valentines, which is an entirely different song, but this kinda sounds familiar. Interesting.

(Killer x Passive! Nightmare)

FANON

SUGGESTED BY: blud_blud

(sorry if this was not to your liking ^-^; you couldn't really see Killer's uh- dom-ness-)

---

Killer's POV

Nightmare laid on my chest, humming softly. It was pretty late in the evening, so we were both exhausted from work. Nightmare especially. Office hours are just like that. Outstretching my hand, I rubbed his skull lovingly. "Are you hungry?"  

"Mmmh. I want ramen," he mumbled, nuzzling deeper into my sweater. Suddenly, he shifted, digging his hands into his pockets. Hissing, he got up, somewhat annoyed. "Where the hell is my goddamn phone?" 

I raised an eyebrow. "It's right on the table." Pointing to the table right across from us, I stifled a laugh. He always got angry before anything else.

"Oh." Sheepishly reaching for the phone, he checked his call history. Then he checked his message. Letting out a curse, he stood up. "I have to go. My boyfriend's almost home, and I have to greet him."

"Awh," I sighed in disappointment, kissing his neck softly. Wrapping my arms around his waist, I asked, "When are you free?" 

"Probably next-next week?" That seemed too long for both of us. We looked at each other with longing eyes. "See you soon, I guess," Nightmare mumbled shaking out of my hold; he quickly turned around to put his boots on. He wasn't really the type to dwell on feelings. Apparently it "made him weak".

"Alright," I answered, adding, "See you."

♫ Thinking about her ♫
♫ She's gone all the time ♫

The door slammed, and he didn't look back. I cursed, slapping my forehead with my hand. "What's wrong with me?" I should've cut our connection off a long time ago. But I was too clingy, and we're stuck in this mess. All because of me.

Many times, I hoped that his boyfriend would just suddenly break up with him, but that made me guilty. It's not his boyfriend's fault. I had guilty cravings, and it's my fault for not trying to quit. 

Plopping back on the couch, I grabbed the TV remote to drown out my thoughts. Taking a sip of warm water from my mug, I almost spat it out when a cheesy porno came on. Oh yeah. We tried getting in the mood earlier, but all we found was a laughable explicit movie. It was too hilarious, and we got stuck making fun of all the interactions.

I closed the TV again. Groaning, I stretched my arms, collapsing back down. I wonder when I would see that face of his again. Nightmare's predictions were usually not right, because his work schedule changed every time. A week-long wait once turned into a 3-month wait.

♫ But baby, she had all my trust ♫
♫ And I guess that was never enough ♫

Ping!

I checked my phone lazily, expecting my cellphone bill to be due.

Nightmare | 1 minute ago

We should stop seeing each other.

My soul jumped in panic, and I quickly unlocked my phone, typing a message immediately.

Killer | just now

what 

why all of a sudden 😥

Biting my fingers, I got even more anxious when he didn't respond. What happened?

Nightmare | just now

I'm going on a year-long trip with my boyfriend. I think he's going to propose to me soon. 🤨

♫ I think if you found her ♫
♫ That even you would know she's mine ♫

Marriage. The dreaded thing I always hated. It never worked. Soon enough, they would divorce, left with confused children, and a hell lot of burdens. 

Clutching my head, I suddenly made a brash decision. I would get up, and drive to his house. Grabbing my jacket, I slipped it on, along with my boots. Opening the door, I was met with a cold gust of wind, the dead leaves tumbling around on the ground. 

Killer | just now

i'm coming now

Taking the keys out of my pocket, I quickly slammed the door behind me, running towards my car. I couldn't let him go. I should, but he's too good to let go. I... love him. A lot. Marriage wouldn't ruin my life again. It ruined my parents', but it wouldn't ruin mine.

Placing the car key in the ignition, I turned it. Luckily, it turned on right away, sputtering before stopping. Nightmare's house was about 20 minutes away, but packing would definitely take more than that. I just hoped that I could convince him to come with me. He was stubborn, but he loved me, right?

The ride went by in a blur, and before I knew it, I had reached his house. I could see his boyfriend carrying a few suitcases to the car. He raised his eyebrow at my car stopping.

Getting out, I faced him. "Hello. You're Nightmare's boyfriend right?" I asked, voice cracking slightly. Still confused, he nodded. "Oh- um, well. I don't really know how to this say this, but..."

"We're dating," Nightmare replied, walking out of the house. "Sorry, Rohan." Rohan turned around in shock, about to open his mouth. But he didn't. Nightmare continued to walk towards us with a blank expression. He dragged his suitcase with him.

Stopping in front of me, he whispered, "Quick. He gets impulsively angry." Shaking myself out of my surprise, I grinned. I grabbed his hand.

"Shall we?"

♫ She's mine, she's mine ♫
♫ That girl is mine, she's mine, whoa ♫

We both got in the car quickly, my lover throwing the suitcase in the backseat. "So..." I trailed off, then turned on the ignition, driving away from the house. "How'd you know he was going to propose?" 

Nightmare sighed. "Just a hunch," he mumbled, then quickly added, "he also started talking about what wedding rings I liked. Pretty obvious of him." Crossing his arms, he looked out the window. "I'm glad you came," he admitted quietly.

"Awh, couldn't get enough of this?" That earned an audible scowl from him. Laughing, I took a glance at Nightmare. "You're so cute."

"Shut it."

The rest of the car continued in comfortable silence, and I let out a small satisfied sigh.

I had finally got my own sweetheart.

---

Words: 1.05k

Aye- I hoped you enjoyed this! I was going to do this after my other drafts, but I found the perfect song and just couldn't prolong it. Thanks, TNBH, you're the best.

Anyways, I was supposed to freakin' work on my Troublemaker script, so let me go do that now. Also- is it just me, or do I write better when it's Fall/Winter? Man, it's so cold rn- Also I feel like my life is finally on track because I stopped balancing art, school, and writing. Rip art tho-

~ ethereale 💜