One Step Forward

A few days have passed, but Yunki's expression when (Y/N) left the practice room is still etched in her mind.

'When I left...Yunki didn't look so happy. Did I say too much? No, it was what he needed to hea-Oh!'

A bicycle zooms past her, barely missing her.

(Y/N) glares at the bicyclist for a second before seeing their face, 'Where'd you learn to ride- Oh? That looks like...Yunki?!'

Yunki quickly parks his bike in front of the building and heads inside. There's a grim expression on his face.

(Y/N)'s eyebrows furrow in confusion, "Where's he going?"

*Timeskip*

(Y/N) follows Yunki into the building...and something catches her eye. "Professor Na's...office?"

*In Professor Na's Office*

Professor Na is shown sitting at his desk with the firm but stern look he's always had, "What brings you here?"

Yunki is standing in front of his desk with a timid and diffident aura shown in his face and body language. "Hello. There was something I wanted to say..."

Professor Na shoots a disinterested glare, "So, you run out of my lecture, and now you want to be heard. What is it?"

Yunki lowers his head, "About that...I'm really sorry. I wanted to apologize."

"Hm...is that all?"

"Yes. It was rude and thoughtless of me. I'm sorry."

"Do you really mean that, or is this because I'm the judge for the school's music competition?" Professor Na asks as he crosses his arms.

"Honestly...it's both." Yunki slowly places his hands in the pockets of his hoodie.

"Oh? You're straightforward...I like that."
Professor Na looks Yunki over with what almost seems to be displeasure. "They say that your face turns red and you freeze when people look at you."

"...Yes."

"But I've also heard that you're talented. Do you think you'll be able to handle being on stage?"

Yunki balls his fists as he shoots a glare toward his professor that had a hint of spunk, "I can do it! Just give me a chance."

"It's an open audition."

"Professor..."

"Alright. I'll pretend you never ran out of my lecture, but only because I know how hard apologizing must be. Your skills are what matter in this competition."

Yunki studies his face to see if he really means it.

"You don't look like you believe me, but I'm serious." Professor Na gives off a look that showed he really meant what he said.

"Ah! I'm sorry! I'll work hard!" Yunki says with a huge smile on his face his fist balling up in front of his chest.

"Interesting. Your only audience at the preliminaries will be the judges, so do your best."

"Really?!"

"Yes. Good news for you I assume? You should get going now. Make sure to be prepared."

Yunki's cute gummy smile glows in euphoric display, "Yes! Thank you! Thank you, professor!"

*Timeskip*

Yunki walks over to (Y/N) after leaving the professor's office.

"What are you doing here?" Yunki asks her, confused on why she was outside the office.