False Hopes

Late in the night at a playground, Yunki slowly sways himself on his swing just looking down at the ground. His cheeks still flushing as he is stuck in his daze, while the hoodie from his jacket covers up his face partly.

(Y/N) looks around and finds Yunki on the swinger set and slowly walks over his direction.

She stands in front of Yunki, though he doesn't seem to notice that she's there. She kneels down and places her hand on Yunki's forehead. "Yunki. Are you sick?"

Yunki finally lifts up his eyes and sees (Y/N)'s worried gaze. He averts his eyes from hers and shakes his head no, continuing to sway.

"Your face is red."

Yunki scratches his head nervously, "Eh, it's been like this the whole day." He brings his eyes down to the ground again.

(Y/N) furrows her eyebrows, "Why? Did something happen with Professor Na."

"No." He hesitantly says.

"What is it? Tell me." She closes her hand around Yunki's.

Yunki sharply inhales as he puts down his hoodie, showing off his flustered face, "Should I try something else? Something other than classical music, I mean." He looks at her with an unreadable expression.

*Timeskip*

After giving Yunki a few minutes of space, (Y/N) walks beside him in silence.

She finally thinks of something to say. "I'm not as brave as I thought I was."

"What are you trying to say?" Yunki asks.

"Being a pianist is your dream."

Yunki halts and looks at her with a serious face. "Be straight with me. Don't get my hopes up."

"You're going to do well." (Y/N) tells him.

"How would you know?"

"I just do. You're going to become the world's greatest star." (Y/N) looks at him, meaning every single word of what she said. But it wasn't enough to get through to Yunki.

Yunki sighs in disbelief and gives her with a sour look, not believing her words. "That's getting my hopes up."

He turns away and walks off, leaving (Y/N) there with her thoughts and eyes watering as tears pour down from rejection.
.
.
.
(Y/N) silently walks back home, after giving one last look at Yunki's walking figure.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A/N: i know this one is really short😅 but I'll update a longer one to make up for it.