I'm Your Fan

"You want to be what?" Yunki's eyes widen as he was utterly shocked by the request (Y/N) asked.

"Uh, turn your sheet music! Someone who turns... pages..." (Y/N) awkwardly explains as she fidgets a bit.

"A page-turner?"

"Yeah! I'll do that!"

"Hm..."

'I came up with the idea after seeing him stop playing to turn the page. Please, Yunki...'

Yunki places his palm on the side of his neck, "I mean, I'd be thankful..."

'He looks a little uneasy, even though he doesn't need to be.' (Y/N) picks up a good reason to back herself up, "It's just until you memorize your song for the prelims. Maybe one or two hours a day..."

Yunki scratches his head. "You keep helping me and I'm not returning the favor."

"I want to help you because I want to see you do well at the competition." (Y/N) smiles happily as she sees the faint smile on Yunki's face. "I guess you could say I'm your fan now!" 'I'll support you, Yunki, whether you're into hip hop or piano.'

"My fan..." Yunki sits there contemplating her statement. He smiles bashfully as he looks deep in her eyes with great sincerity, "Thank you."

(Y/N) nods her head cheerfully, "So, are we gonna practice?!"

Yunki takes one look at her stretching out her fingers, and...

"Pfft! Alright."

*Timeskip*

It was a little tricky for (Y/N) to turn the pages in tempo with the music, but seeing Yunki so focused and hearing him play music makes it all so worth it.

The peaceful, serene moment was interrupted by the sound of a stomach gurgling. (Y/N) flushes a bright red in humiliation. 'No, that was so loud! This is embarrassing...'

She attempts to act like nothing happened, hoping Yunki won't notice. But he suddenly stops playing. "Haha! Why'd you stop playing?"

"This won't do." Yunki replies.

"What?"

"I'm too hungry to keep going. Let's go get something to eat."

(Y/N) let's out a silent 'oh' as she processes her thoughts on him, 'He's the type to forget to eat when he's focused on practicing...'

"Why are you still sitting there? Aren't you hungry?" Yunki asks, as he is already near out the doorway while (Y/N) is still sitting where she is.

"O-Oh! Right. Coming!" (Y/N) follows and Yunki hurries her along and they leave to go to the convenience store.

Practicing for the preliminaries became a daily routine for the two.

*Timeskip*

"Practice today ran pretty late..." Yunki states, seeming apologetic.

(Y/N) quickly shakes her head no. "No, it's okay! It's getting close, anyway."

"Yes... Ha." Yunki says with an anxious expression on his face and stares the ground.

"Nervous?"

"A little bit. Even if it's just for the judges..."

(Y/N) gives him a sympathetic look, 'Of course you'd feel nervous about a competition...'

A bus arrives and interrupts their conversation. They head inside and take a couple of seats next to each other. Yunki feeling some butterflies in his stomach from being so close to her.