A Brutal Reveal

On another bright day in town, Yunki is waiting up ontop of a patio somewhere in a building. He is eagerly waiting on his crush friend, hoping to see her.

'I've been waiting for a long time.'

But just on time, (Y/N) comes up from behind him and calls out him in her signature bright voice, "Yunki!"

Yunki looks beside him to see the (H/C) haired girl with her (E/C) orbs, looking into them made him feel warm inside. "You're going to come cheer me on, right?"

"Of course, I'm your fan." (Y/N) smiles brightly at her bias.

Yunki looks to the side, shyly. He extends his pinky out to her. "Promise!"

Their pinkies intertwine.

"Promise!" (Y/N) looks at Yunki with a look of encouragement. "Oh! I almost forgot!" She reaches her hand down inside the pockets of her jacket and takes out a black velvety bowtie.

Yunki looks down at it, "What's this for?"

"I wanted to get you something special so I got a gift for you. I made sure that it goes along with your tail coat." (Y/N) assures.

Yunki takes the gift and caresses his thumbs on the fabric, smiling down at it and then up at her, "Thank you so much. I'll make sure to wear this on the competition."

*Timeskip*

'Today's the day! I'm sure Yunki's nervous, but he's worked so hard for this!' (Y/N) runs to where the performance is taking place, with a little spring to her evey step. "You can do it, Yunki! I believe in you!'

"Phew...I'm going to head out now." Yunki inhales and exhales his worries out.

"Yeah, just remember to play like you always play!" (Y/N) encourages very energetically.

Yunki smiles at her enthusiasm.

'He looks so at ease. It's like he's become a different person.' (Y/N) looks at him proudly.

It's time for the final performance. The crowd falls silent. Yunki starts to play.

(Y/N) stares at him admiringly, "Yunki! You're doing so well...You look so cool!"

The audience breaks into applause. They're more enthusiastic than they were for Sungmin. Yunki's face shines brightly without a trace of nervousness.

"Great! I have a good feeling about this!" The female clasps her hands together.

All that's left is Professor Na's announcement.

Professor Na checks the mic and clears his throat, "Today's winner is..."

Moments later...

Yunki runs through the hallway in a hurry. "Professor! Professor!" He pounds his fists on the office door. "Professor Na!"

Yunki despair when no one answers, but the door suddenly opens.

"What do you think you're doing? You're making a racket!" Sungmin comes out the room, annoyed.

"Why are you...here?" Yunki's eyes widen seeing Sungmin's figure out the door.

Sungmin smirks, looking Yunki up and down. "I came to thank him, of course. Oh, and to get advice for that trip to Germany."

"...Is he inside?" Yunki asks.

"Didn't you hear the announcement? Just accept your defeat with dignity." Sungmin slyly states, his arms crossed very smugly.

Yunki got frustrated, "I asked you if he was inside!"

"He is, but seeing him won't help you."

After Sungmin leaves, Yunki quietly knocks on the door again.

"Professor." Yunki steps through the door.

"That was you causing all that noise?" Professor Na's expression shows one of annoyance.

"I'd like to see the scores for the final performances." Yunki declares.

"What? Why would I show you that? Show some maturity and accept my decisions."

"This doesn't make sense! Anyone could tell-"

"Doesn't make sense? I'm the one with the final say. You're as insolent as always." Professor Na fixes Yunki with a pointed look. "Are you that naive?"

Yunki's eyes widen, looking very bemused. "What?"

"You didn't figure it out? This was never yours. Do you really think you're on Ji Sungmin's level?" Professor Na scoffs.

"But at the finals, I was- I didn't have any problems on stage, either!" Yunki states.

Professor Na raises his eyebrows in amusement, "Is that so? Great. That's none of my business."

"You said so yourself that I could beat Ji Sungmin..."

"I needed a rival to spur Sungmin to improve."

The office goes dead silent.

"Is that the only reason you picked me?"

"Do I need any other reason? Oh, well, there was one tiny thing..."

Yunki looks at Professor Na, hope in his eyes.

"It was a great opportunities to fix your bad habits. With great expectations, comes great disappointment."

Yunki's hope shatters internally, "T-That's-"

"That's what I have to teach you: know your place." Professor Na's comments come as a great shock to Yunki. He's rooted in place. "Don't just stand there! Leave!"

Yunki walks out of the room in a daze. "What have I been doing all this time?"

"Huh, what the? Watch where you're going!" A passerby shouts as Yunki bumps his shoulder to his.

"Ah...I'm...sorry."

Not even bumping into a stranger could shake Yunki from his daze.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A/N: I know I've gone a while, please spare me. I just hope none of you abandoned this story and are still enjoying it. Also if you wanna join my discord, DM me and I'll send you a link. As always I purple all you beautiful ARMY and have a safe and happy day 💜🌸🦋