Tea

I eventually found a small village to settle into and that is where I have stayed for the past 4 years. The war finally ended, but I have kept my identity as a firebender a secret still. People are still afraid of the firebenders, but I heard that some had traveled to the Earth Kingdom in curiosity and haven't been harmed. I'll probably move to a different town and live there as a firebender, but for now, this is enough. I put out purple flowers and a small bundle of wheatgrass in a vase almost every morning in memory of my family and the people I had met along the way. As for my romantic life, I dated a few guys here and there but left before I felt like it was getting serious. I hadn't felt as quilty being a firebender with them as I had with Jet, perhaps it was because I knew that what I wanted was out of grasp. Everyone's face had slowly blurred and I felt like I was going crazy for not remembering what they had looked like, I even forgot the feeling of Yun's lips and it broke my heart all over again.

I visited a few underground arenas in some neighboring towns and the rush of nostalgia made me long for another match with Jet, but I smile and watch the same men beat each other up time after time.

However, today the sun is as bright as ever and I begin my walk back home after another arena fight. I wave hello to the children playing in the street. I run over the grocery list I planned in my head earlier again and turn the corner head to the farmers market. Walking up to the booth full of fruit, I stop in my tracks.

"Uhm- Excuse me-" I say to the pair of familiar hook blades.

A tall man turns and gives me a crooked smile with a blade of wheatgrass hanging out of the corner of his mouth. He has a few small scratched and faces scattered over his face.

"Hey."

I grin up at the tan face and run into his outstretched arms. Flustered I ask, "Do- do you want to come over for some tea or, or something?"

"Of course."

The grocery list vanished from my mind.