Bleeding Hearts

Shirou was already prepping the bed for Michiru as she waited by in her wheelchair, again she felt powerless, weak and it was driving her insane. Her face returned to a cold gaze that didn't match her usual explosive and energetic personality. Shirou noticed the second he cleared a spot on the bed, he could only try to comfort and distract her. “Michiru, want some books to read , don't want you going insane.” He was already reaching for his bookshelf knowing a few books that would likely entertain Michiru. “I'm not that useless  Shirou.” Michirus' face wrinkled into a pout hiding the fact she was holding back tears . Frustration both from what she viewed as failures most being during the most recent incident and the fact she felt trapped, a weight slowing everyone else down now. Tears welled up in her eyes. It was no use her emotions were breaking free and purely out of stubborn determination she started to get up. Clenching her teeth she quickly stood up forcing her body to listen to her. The rib only recently placed back to its correct place screamed in pain as she slowly stepped towards the bed. She could at least get inside it herself right? How could she help Shirou protect the beastman if she couldn't! Her inner rage at her own failures fueled each step, fighting off the extreme pain in her chest. Inching closer to the bed with whimpers of pain it was no use her body gave in to the pain crumpling over on the ground. Shirou rushed over picking her up into a bridal carry, his eyes looked down at her angrily.“Stop Muchiru!… please let me take care of you. That's what friends are for is it not.” Her emotions boiled over as his words reverberated in her thoughts, her hands clenched Shirou's jacket, shoving her face into his chest. So much was bothering her for the past two years. She hoped Nazuna would be her escape but ever since she got famous just like when she was ‘The silver wolf”\’ it changed her. Shirou sat on the bed lightly setting her down but Michiru stayed clung crying to him. HIs fear and worry for her forced his beastman state out, his ears immediately depressed against his head, his fluffy tail pulling down. “Michiru, is it your injury. I can't take you back.” He couldn't tell if she just hurt herself or it was simply an emotional explosion. Everything about these emotions were new. It wasn't his usual overall care for beastman as a whole, this was his Michiru. Shirou's hand reached down to force her to look him in the eyes so she couldn't lie. Michirus crying slowed as her chin was grabbed. She gave a slow shake of her head .Yes her wound hurt but she had felt worse pain. “No-...I-I just...Im sorry” She couldn't get a sentence out through her sobbing, thinking about it only made it worse.. Shoving her face into Shirous chest, her arms left his jacket instead wrapping around his back gripping tight. Shirou responded carefully holding her back and rubbing her shoulder in a slow rhythmic motion. “I'm here, I understand. Trust me Michiru just let it all out.It okay to cry.” He softly whispered, he was relieved she wasn't physically hurt but it was clear she had been shoving emotions from the past like he often did.

    Michiru composed herself after a few moments of sobbing. “Shirou, how do you deal with it? The burden, all the memories.” She couldn't imagine a thousand years of seeing beastman die, the feeling of failure. His emotionless state all made sense to her now. His heart must be bleeding underneath that cold glare.It had only been a little over a year and she had started to get nightmares, Nirvasyl,Crime scenes, and the worst were seeing Shirou get hurt. Even if he was perfectly fine they made her sick to her stomach. Shirous eyes glazed over as he processed what Michiru asked, was this what all this was about? No, the way she asked was too close to how he felt his first few years as the silver wolf. She was letting her failures consume her, never forgiving herself for them. “I forgave myself and vowed to try harder next time. You cant bring back the dead Michiru only honour them.” Michiru pressed harder into his chest as his words echoed in her head sinking in deep. He was right, she was holding onto their deaths blaming herself, she needed to start thinking about the lives she helped and remember her mistakes so she wouldn't repeat them. “Shirou… can you stay here for a bit?” Michiru asked timidly, he seemed to blow the chaos and pain in the world away. Instead filling it with warmth and comfort. “Yes, I'm fine with that.” He was more then fine, if it meant he could comfort her that's all that mattered. His hands kept up their rhythmic rubs against Michirus shoulders. Her sniffles slowly stopped as drowsiness from healing and all the crying she just did took over. Shirou's heartbeat slowly lolled her  to sleep, her weight pressed into Shirou as her breaths got lighter. Shirou smirked slowly shifting her onto the bed he was stopped from leaving by her hands dead gripped on the back of his jackets. Michiru pulled in her sleep, sensing his warmth leaving, causing Shirou to be pressed up against her. Shirous warmth and scent caused a smile to creep across her face despite redend cheek from the crying. The mayor had asked for his help today but Shirou felt he could at least wait for her to fall into a deep sleep. Wrapping his arms around her he laid there while Michiru clung to him, oddly enough he hated people touching him this way, at all really but this felt good. A blissful warmth filled not only his head but his heart. Shirous eyelids tried to close, accepting more sleep. Soon he was knocked out, the two wrapping around each other into a knot as they slept.

    Melissa went into the room a few hours later a single meal plated up for Michiru who she thought was alone. Shirou had asked for her to keep an eye on Michiru since he had work. When she got closer to the bed she saw it. The two were wrapped around each other, Michiru practically disappearing in shirous arms and frame. A soft smile crossed her face, she figured something like this would happen for a long time now but it was cute to see Shirou smiling in his sleep instead of his usual frown. ‘I'll let them sleep, besides Gem needs to hear about this.’ Mellissa left quietly setting the tray on a table. She went down to sit with Gem at the Front, the Co-Op had been pretty busy with the whole natural disaster. It was a shame Michiru was hurt. She quickly became their best social worker and her bubbly attitude would be great right now. “Dear you won't believe what's going on upstairs.” Gem looked over, raising an eyebrow. “Oh you set the kitchen on fire.” He joked, getting a raised eyebrow and a face no Husband wants to see from Mellisa. “You know i'm joking honey what's happening?” “Shirou and Michiru are all bundled up together upstairs in bed.” Gem stopped his work looking over seemingly dumbfounded. “That's so random!” Melissa giggled at her husband's cluelessness just like when they first met he didn't understand signs even from the outside. “You're so innocent.” “Well, I suppose we get to watch them fumble over feelings like we did.” Gem chuckled leaning over and kissing Melissa. “Oh you know I'll have to tease Michiru over this too.” Gem was about to respond when Nazuna who had blended in with the rest of the line spoke out. “Tease Michiru over what!?” Gem smiled quickly, playing off the situation though it was clear he was avoiding the answer. “Oh nothing Miss Nazuna, just some old folk gossip. Nazuna looked at Gem , suspicious of his reason for hiding it from here. “Is Michiru up in her room? I wanted to see her.” 

“Oh no she's staying on the second floor, and they’re sleeping. Would you like me to call you if she wakes up?” Nazuna nodded, though how he worded it seemed wrong. They’re sleeping, who was Michiru sleeping with? “Just call me if she wakes up thank you” Nazuna left her face showing she was clearly thinking.She would smell whoever was with Michiru later today there was no way she could scrub the scent off with her injury.