Setting the Stage

Shirou made sure to destroy his scent trail several times in culverts still blocked and full of water from the tsunami before finding Marie. The Mink was deep in Anima cities drainage systems. An oddly well built shack clearly from her criminal activities was built into the wall on an old walkway for city workers. Walking in she looked over as if expecting him. "Hey Ogami, where's Michiru she still owes me for the cameras." When Shirou didn't respond she looked back. "Oh...damn Tanuki I told her not to get caught before she paid me back." Marie joked, her usual sly tone almost sad. "Okay I'll give you the gist of what we are doing. You deliver the cameras to the people in jail and go around recording stuff yourself. Then whenever possible you get these things back from the prisoners." She held up a small SD card that all the mini cameras had. "I will edit and post the video for example." She reached up to Shirous chest grabbing the SD card from his camera and plugged it into a makeshift workstation. It sprang to life showing the last twenty minutes or so of what Shirou did. It was painful for him to watch, but Marie insisted on it even winsing when she saw Michirus' wound. 

      "This will help out a lot actually, now for the prison here's the route we plan on taking. They built their base over the ruins of the slums. The Family used to use these tunnels to smuggle drugs into Anima city. Shirou growled looking at Marie who smirked. "Not now." He sighed knowing the law would have to wait right now he was out for justice. "We deliver the cameras via windows in each cell and retrieve the sd cards the same way. That's where you come in. We need your speed to do it." Marie didn't even bother asking if Shirou was up for it, she knew he was down for anything to free everyone especially the Tanuki he had grown so fond of. She had seen him run headfirst into a Nirvasy beastman after all. "Now we just have to wait a few days in between delivering the camera's and retrieving the cards. Let's deliver them at midnight tomorrow. Your howl will be the signal that you delivered them."

    “Marie you sure this will work?" Shirou asked, inspecting the bag of cameras. He didn't know much about modern human culture and it's push towards equality. "I'll be honest Ogami...I don't know but Michiru made it clear it was one if not our only peaceful way out of this." She slicked her hair back. "And it makes me money without having to risk my life...too much." Shirou smiled knowing Marie was just hiding the fact she cared. "Alright I'll get into position see you in a bit." He took off again purposely throwing his scent trail all over the place before reaching the tunnels. In a flash he sped down them placing the small cameras by each window that someone was in obvious by the strong scent of beastman inside. Only a small shimmer of abnormal wind and a faint blue light showing up on any camera before he was back to where he started. He crashed his fist into the concrete wall beside him, he didn't pick up Nazuna's or Michirus' scent. He knew they were most likely being used for their abnormal genes that Mayor Rose always went on about. Taking a deep breath in he let out a grim howl that sent shivers down his own body. It was full of his frustration,anger and sadness. Echoing through the tunnel systems it carried across the city promptly being followed by the sound of thousands of beastmen returning the howl with their own.

    Michiru woke up on a cold metal surface. Lurching forward she was stopped by leather straps holding her down to it. The sharp pain of her arm caused a yelp to escape her. “Michiru!? You're awake!” Nazuna said excitedly from Michirus left. She hadn't noticed the cloth wrapped around her eyes in the heat of the moment. “Where are we?” Michiru asked quietly, trying to prevent their captors from hearing as she yanked on the straps transforming her good arm into a gorilla's yanking on it. “I don’t know. But you shouldn't try and stay calm.” Michiru didn't have to ask why as the metal table she sat on suddenly filled with electricity. She let out another yelp as her resistance was promptly stopped. “Please calm down Miss Kagemori, you'll re-open your wound.” Allens voice sent chills down her spine. He had to be in the room only a few feet from her. “Though you are quite replaceable I would rather enjoy this.” Michiru could feel her heart trying to beat out of her chest. Before she could spit any words out the feeling of an oversized needle in her good arm choked her up with a scream in pain. “I would take more but you have already lost enough.” Allen whispered to her before pulling away the needle. “Shame your silver wolf isn't here to save you right now. But don't worry, I'll let you watch him die along with this city.” Allen pat michirus head like a dog causing her to lose it kicking and trying to blindly bite him before another surge of electricity stopped her with a whimper.

//Hey there. Sorry for the long absence. Life being life 😂🙂. 800 reads omg I couldn't ask for more thank you for all the support.//