Recovery

Shirou was unable to return from work until 01:00 the next day. He was worn out and slightly dusty, blood stained his coat. Instead of scaring the staff he decided to go home and change around his clothing and wash up. As he walked through the lobby doors for what must be the hundredth time that day the nurses now recognizing him by just his look welcomed him back.

      "Good Morning Mr.Ogami. Coming in to check up on your special patient?" She smiled up at Shirou, she thought it was quite cute how every time he returned with a new patient he would ask the nurses if Michiru was doing fine before he would head off. "Yes, I don’t remember what room she's in." Shirou was exhausted from the day, both physically and spiritually he had been drained. Hours of intense labor and all the bodies the weight of all the Beastman he felt he failed making each step heavy. He was guided by the Nurse personally to Michirus room as they leaned inside he saw her resting. His lips curled seeing the bandages and brace wrapped around her chest. "Thank you" Was the only formality Shirou could bother to say, the nurse simply nodded before leaving.

     Shirou pulled a chair beside Michirus' bed and looked at her. Looking at her eased the weight of the day. Like a strong wind, she blew away all his horrific thoughts and memories. Even in her sleep she seemed like a beacon of joy and happiness. Lightly holding her hand just touching it sent sparks of both happiness and anxiety. This had started a few months after the Allen incident. Any time they touched even for a simple hug there was a new layer of calm and joy from it only followed by a weightless feeling in his chest. "Goodnight Michiru." Shirou slowly slouched over onto the side of the bed instantly knocking out once he willed his body to.

     Michiru was woken up by a gleam of sun coming through the crack in her hospital room's drapes. She started to sit up forgetting about her injuries for a moment but was reminded quite painfully. The painkillers from the surgery long gone, now she was only on a small prescription. As she eased back she realized how warm her hand was. Her gaze met the sleeping Shirou, instantly her heart quickened evident by the heartbeat sensor. 'When did he get here?!' He looked so peaceful; they were holding hands. She let out a deep breath trying to focus her thoughts only to be reminded of her injury. She knew what was causing the feelings, not dull to them like Shirou. Though it felt ridiculous, why did she have to catch feelings for Shirou? The idea of him liking anyone that way didn't seem possible even if he had opened up to her he was still cold and calculated most of the time.

     "Good morning Michiru, I have good news for you." A nurse blurted out as she entered the room. Only seeing Michiru away from outside her door she had no clue Shirou was in the room. He shuffled sitting up, his hair was completely wild and he still looked exhausted. Michiru giggled a little at his appearance before looking to the Nurse. "I could always use good news." Michiru said lightly, scared to speak up too much from the threat of pain. "Well you have been approved to leave any time you feel ready, here's the doctors notes and restrictions for you and a follow up will need to be scheduled for a month to make sure you're healing properly. "A what!" Michiru regretted that out burst a whimper following the surprised statement. Shirous expression grew very concerned from the whimper.  His least favorite sight was Michiru injured. "How long's the recovery?" Michiru said quietly, squeezing Shirous' hand to try and calm the look on his face and herself. "Two months if you heal quickly." 

       "But...baseball season starts soon." Her ears flattened to her head. "I wouldn't worry about that hun, I think baseball’s going to be the least of you worries, the cities in pretty bad shape." The nurse said softly, trying to comfort her. Placing a clipboard on the table beside her, Shirou took it. Not giving Michiru a chance to hide them from him he read of the restrictions. No lifting above 15 pounds, working out, and Flying above 1000 feet. Bed rest for two weeks before the patient can return to basic daily tasks such as no intense labor jobs . Said patient should take walks often after the first two weeks and practice deep breaths. Shirou looked up knowing Michiru was going to go crazy with all these restrictions and most likely he would have to hold her accountable of them. He handed Michiru the papers before turning to the nurse. "I can fill out any paperwork needed for her to leave." The nurse nodded guiding Shirou away, he wanted to give Michiru space and get her out of this damn medical center.