➶ 44

The cold breeze brushes through her skin, sending shivers down her spine. The girl put the hood up, trying to cover her face. She must not be seen.

The rain is pouring, and the girl struggles to hold her umbrella up straight as the wind keeps on blowing it. 

She gulped, walking through the streets with caution. It's almost midnight, and she's wandering around a dangerous area alone. A lot of people walk past her, turning their heads to look at her trying to identify her.

But she remained calm, her identity must not be revealed. 

She peeked through her hoodie, seeing the building she was heading is now right in front of her. She sighed in relief, looking back down again as she continue walking forward.

Once she arrived at the old and eerie looking old building, she closed her umbrella, taking off the hood on her head as she entered the building. The bell rings as soon as she entered the shop, just like any other antique shops. It's an old shop located on one of the darkest side of Seoul- The Magic Shop. Usually, this particular area is where the mafias wander around, finding their new target. Definitely not a safe place at all.

She looked around the shop, questioning herself if this is the right place. The place is filled with a lot of antique items, and it's pretty fascinating to her. 

"What can I help you with, miss?" A voice suddenly said

The girl immediately turned her head towards the source of the voice, noticing an old man standing there smiling at her. "O-oh, sorry. Are you still open? It's already midnight."

The old man chuckles, looking at her. "This shop is always open for those who need help, my dear. Now may I ask you, what is a young lady doing here in the middle of the night alone?"

"I heard this is a place to go to find an answer you've been longing to know. Is that true?" 

The old man smiles, looking around the small shop. The girl turned her head towards her right, spotting a white owl next to her. "Well I suppose it may be true. Everyone seeks for the right answer, but sometimes there are no right or wrong."

"What do you know about Lee Haechan?" The girl asks

The old man was taken aback by her question. The man then smiled, taking one of the book on the shelf, brushing the dust away. "Are you assuming that I know him?"

The girl raised one of her eyebrows, playing with the ring on her finger. "I know you do."

"Well then, he's quite interesting. He's ambitious- very ambitious. He's a strong leader, and he tends to hesitate before acting and it's a good thing. But he is involved in a rather peculiar case." 

"What case?" The girl frowned

"Time loop. He's stuck in a time loop." The old man said, making the girl look at him in confusion. "Time loop? Is that even possible?"

"Nothing is impossible, dear. He's stuck and he can't get out, at least until he find the source of this loop,"

The old man flips through the book, stopping on the page 453. "He's in great danger trying to protect the one he loves. But the one he loves is also in great danger, probably greater than him."

He closed the book, looking at the girl with a smile. "You don't believe me, do you?"

The girl chuckles, rubbing the back of her head. "I mean yeah, a time loop? I only heard of it from books or movies before."

"Strange things that happen in books and movies are inspired by the peculiar things that happen in real life, dear." 

"But will he be okay?" The girl asks again, making the old man laugh. He nods his head, looking at the girl with a smile. "Don't worry, as long as he made the right choices, he will."

"Why is this all happening? Is this all a coincidence or what?"

The old man frowned, shaking his head. "No, no. When it's fate, there are no coincidences. Your fate is determined by the choices you make, but there are times when your fate chooses you,"

"May I ask you, how do you know this place? Only some people know about this place, it's only for the ones who really needs help." 

"My mother, I knew it from my mother. She used to tell me a story about a magic shop when I was a kid, so I decided to go here and check if it's real." She answered

"Well then she must be a good mother." Said the man, but the girl instantly shook her head as soon as he said that. "No, I don't think so."

"Well then, that's all you need to know, right?"

The girl nods. 

"What is he to you, until you dare to go here alone in the rain and in the middle of the night?" The old man asks again

The stayed quiet for a while, darting her eyes towards the white owl beside her. "He's the person I love, that's why." 

"Alright then, as long as you two have each other, your love will overpower all the bad things that could possibly happen."

Hopefully, everything will be okay.

y'all if u need a friend to talk to abt anything, feel free to dm me here!

anyways thank you so much to those of u who wished me a happy bday🥺