52

I was trembling so bad when I drove my way towards the hospital. Hindi na nga ako nakapag-paalam kay Clary at dali-dali nalang akong tumakbo palabas. I just texted her that there's an emergency in the hospital so I had to be there immediately. My vision started to get blurred because of the tears I just can't stop from falling.

Pakiramdam ko ay bawat minuto na itinatagal ko ay mas kumokonti ang oras ko. I felt like losing time, like I had to be there before it's too late. Hindi ko na alam kung paano ako nakarating ng ligtas sa ospital at agad akong tumakbo papasok. Everyone was looking at me but I can't even pay attention to anything right now. Agad akong dumiretso sa operating room at naabutan ko doon si Aki na halatang kinakabahan.

"Aki, n-nasaan si Jax?" my voice broke.

Napalingon siya sa akin at agad umawang ang labi niya ng makita ang itsura ko. I might look weird by now, kanina pa ako umiiyak sa byahe and I don't even have time to fix myself. My knees are trembling at hindi ko alam kung paano ko nagawang tumakbo ng ganon kabilis gamit ang mga sapatos ko.

"S-sumama ka po sa akin" kinakabahan niyang sagot.

I didn't know what to do but I just followed him towards the elevator. I'm continuously tapping my feet to the ground as I bit my nails to stop my nervousness and my tears. Agad akong napatigil ng makarating kami sa last floor. This floor is only for VIP's and the board room is also located here. Maybe Jax is really here? He's the son of the owner anyways.

Sinundan ko si Aki at agad akong nagtaka ng makita siyang paakyat ng hagdan. That staircase leads to the rooftop, why would we go there?

"Aki I'm not fucking playing!" I screamed as I felt my knees weakened.

Napaupo ako at agad na umiyak. "Doc sige na, tara na" nagmamakaawa niyang bigkas kaya naman agad akong tumayo.

"Fine!" I screamed and started going up. "You'll bring me to Jax immediately after this Aki or else you're out of the team" I warned and I saw how he looked so conflicted because of it.

Dire-diretso akong pumasok ng rooftop at halos mapaatras ako ng makita ko ang ayos dito. I was about to go back out when I heard the door closed. I ran towards it at agad kong kinalampag ang pinto.

"Aki open this door! Shit! I'm telling you Aki wala ka ng team!" I said while crying.

"Doc sorry, sorry talaga!" he screamed before I heard the footsteps indicating that he already went away.

Napasapo ako sa noo ko bago ko muling nilibot ang paningin ko. There are lights around the rooftop, it was all perfectly arranged together with the flowers scattered all around the floor. It was so magical and romantic but all I can think off right now is Jax.

"I wanna make you smile whenever you’re sad" with just one line, I already knew who's singing. I closed my eyes tightly as tears went gushing down my face.

"Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
Oh all I wanna do is grow old with you" his voice was too deep and solemn, it creeps through my insides.

Now I can pay attention to what I saw earlier. They are weirded because of my actions dahil wala namang aksidenteng nangyari. Then Aki, he was his accomplice. That's why he was so nervous, he knows I might get mad at him for lying about Jax.

"I’ll get your medicine when your tummy aches, build you a fire if the furnace breaks oh it could be so nice, growing old with you.." I opened my eyes and saw him holding a mic in his hand and the other was holding a bouquet at the end of the rooftop.

He was looking directly at me and I can feel the same old feeling he made me feel. "So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink.. Put you to bed when you’ve had too much to drink, I could be the man who grows old with you" he walked towards me as he sang those lines.