Chapter 13

Omniscient

"Look at you blushing all over" Hamma Sadeeq and Mama both coed as she entered the house.

"Hamma... Why do you like teasing me, if I start my own.. Toh" Ummu stated sitting down where her mother is seated.

"what is it that you'll start? Tell me is it a girl issue?" Mama asked smiling a bit and Ummu immediately nodded.

"Huh! He has a girlfriend? And Sadeeq you didn't even care to tell me?" dramatically sighed mama, smiling teasingly. To which Hamma Sadeeq eyed Ummu Hani for.

"Mama, she also graduated the same year I did. I was bribed not to tell you, but trust me I wanted to" Ummu Hani exclaimed, talking like the parrot she is. Ignoring the fact that her brother is eyeing her, ready to pounce on her if it'll shut her up, which of course didn't.

"And do I know her? " asked mama, wanting to hear more. If someone hears their conversation from outside the living room without seeing their faces, one will think it'll be Ummu Hani talking to her mate. Not knowing it's their mother she's talking to.

Mama had made sure to raise them in such a beautiful way that they respect and adore her a lot, but still doesn't stop them from playing and joking around with her. She knows when it's time to joke around and when it's time not to, and she made them to realize it too. The same goes with Baba, but he's a more strictly version of Mama. Although Ummu Hani is an exception, she's the typical definition of a daddy's girl.

"of course you know her mama, she's Ya Pendo's daughter"

"Who's Ya Pendo" asked Mama, not quite grabbing who her daughter is talking about. Hamma Sadeeq and Ummu shared a look and he eyed her from head to toe, a look that says she shouldn't tell mama anything or else she'll regret ever telling her. But of course Ummu will always be Ummu, she ignored her brother and continued her explanations to Mama.

"Mama! How could you forget Ya Pendo, Aunty Baby's cousin that lives in Abuja?" asked Ummu in a surprised tone.

"Ohhh Baby'am, it's been about six years since years since I last laid my eyes on her. And to talk of Pendo, it's been ages. But not to worry, I'll go visit her soon"

"wh... Why?" Sadeeq staggered from where he was seated. Suddenly stammering.

"oh relax, I'm not planning on telling her anything, but make sure to tell me everything about her ok? You're at the age of marriage too, I need to marry you both to feel at ease. Then it'll be just Mustapha and Al'ameen. It'll be just better if I marry you both off together."

Hamma Sadeeq glared at Ummu Hani, sending her hot daggers of glare upon her way, if glares could kill, then Ummu would be dead ages ago. That's exactly why he didn't tell Mama. And now she's started.

"About your house in U\rimi, how is it going?" Mama asked.

"it's going smoothly mama, when I went there yesterday, they they were just about to finish Plastering the house. Now all that is left would be painting. And then afterwards, I'll call on the home decorators and and electricians to wire and design the house" replied Hamma Sadeeq, standing up.

"are you going somewhere?"

"ahh yes Mama, there's a soccer match this evening between Manchester United and Leicester City, so I'm heading to my room to get ready"

"wait, I thought I said to you once before that I don't like you going to that place to watch a ball. We have the channel here, why do you have to go there to that building though?"

"Oh mama am. And I've told you times without number that I don't go there to watch matches. Daddy Brigadier, hates watching the game the game alone. So myself and Abdulrahman, the twins' brother with some other people of this lane, usually watch the game with him. He said he feels less bored that way" explained Sadeeq, for the infinite time already.