Chapter 20

"You really outdid yourself today, Aunt Sherry," I applaud her after everyone left the house. She really cooked an entire feast! Roasted chicken, homemade mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese casserole with bacon, dinner rolls, and spring salad. I can't believe she cooked all this food by herself. She must have spent hours in this kitchen!

"I've been trying to find the time to teach you how to cook, but you've been so busy. I want to hand you our family recipes one day, Natalie. And when that day comes, I want to be 100% sure you're able to read them and cook everything well." I didn't know there were family recipes. Then again, my mother didn't really mention them nor did she try to teach me to cook since I was always practicing my violin.

"Well, after the musical tomorrow, I'll be free after school again. We can start Monday, if you want, Sherry?" I offer just to make her feel better. Then again, it would be nice to know how to properly cook myself a meal without wondering if I need to buy a fire extinguisher first.

"That's a deal! Now, go to bed! You need to get some sleep so you can go to school and get ready for your last showing." Sherry shoos me away after giving me a hug. I wave at her from the top of the stairs before going to my room.

Finally! The moment I've been waiting for since yesterday night...

I log in to my laptop, feeling nostalgic since we were separated for far too long. I then go to my files and see a folder named "In Here". That must be where Lucas wrote his diary entries.

Sunday, October 11

Dear Natalie,

Wow, I feel so honored to be brought up in your diary.

Of course he does..

Sorry, I just had to say it. Now it all makes sense why Sam was so inquisitive at Palmer's party. She was trying to get info out of me like a cop or something. Too bad she didn't get much, I hope. I guess I took your laptop too soon to find out for myself, since she most likely already told you everything today. You know, I haven't read everything just yet. I only read the recent diaries to see if you mentioned me or not. But I will eventually get to the rest, just wait. I don't know how people write in their diary everyday. I just don't know what to say.. and you write WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too much! It's like I'm reading news articles every single time. Thanks for the reading assignment, Professor Rodriguez!

That's it for now. If you dare to read more, click on the next diary!

Sincerely,
Lucas

Okay, I actually do have a question.

Are all your diary entries going to be this boring and silly? :P

I just had to ask! If he says yes, then I'll just skim through all of them right now. Especially because of how short they are!

ha ha very funny.. no. I think the first few are like that then they get longer. Shouldn't you be asleep rn anyways??

Pshhh I sleep when I want! And darn, I was hoping to skim through them all tonight. Guess I'll take my time reading them, then.

It will take longer, but I'll read them more and more after the musical tomorrow.

you did good tonite btw

A compliment? So sudden..

Oh thanks :) I didn't see you though. Did you have to leave or something?

Mathew told me Lucas was there with his dad and David, but they left right after the show ended.

yea something like that