CHAPTER 14 : No Escape

"Your friends ruined everything," he yelled as he pushed me against the dining table. "It's too late now, the portal is closed." He was seething as he screamed loudly. The chandelier above us shook. "We'll have to wait another month. It was all planned, I was supposed to have him back. He was supposed to be free, he's trapped there for another month," he said, but he was talking too fast, too frantically for his statements to be directed to me. I remained immobile as my back pressed against the wooden surface of the table. 

       He started pacing, moving up and down the room and it only worsened my nerves. "I'll get to my brother even if I have to kill every witch in the four realms," he said before slamming his fists onto the table. It creaked then splintered under the force of the impact. I straightened myself, coming to stand a few steps away from him. 

      "I won't help you," I said defiantly, but my voice was weak. He was scaring me, more so than he'd ever done. I realized then, I'd never seen him angry. I'd never seem him at his worst. And I really didn't want to be seeing it now. 

      His dark eyes glowed with misty rage. His claws extended, they were sharper than the talons of an eagle. His fangs were longer as he snarled at me. He was breathing heavily, his nostrils flared as the vein on his forehead pulsed. He dragged his claws on the wooden table as his hands began to spark red with hints of black in their misty aura. The table instantly caught fire. 

      "I wasn't asking," he said his voice impossibly deeper. "I tried to give you a chance but I'm done. You're going to know pain, real pain," he said as he grabbed hold of my left arm. His touch burned, like putting my arm through an open flame I felt like my skin was on fire, blistering as I screamed out in agony. 

      "I've been taking it easy on you. I thought you'd learn, but you haven't. What we want is what you should want. You're helping the wrong side Marcus," he said but I could barely hear him over the sound of my own screaming. 

      "I don't want to end the world," I said, wincing at every word. 

     "Then I'll make you want it," he said before letting me go, tossing me against the nearest wall. I screeched, my body flailing onto the ground with a painful thwack. Each muscle burned, I couldn't get up. My vision was too blurry and spotted. My hands were shaking and I could barely breathe. 

    "I'll break you. Make you forget everyone you've ever known, ever loved, until the only people you care to help are us, your brothers. Your true family," he told me. 

    I spat out blood at his feet before saying, "Never." 

    He scowled, picking me up by my collar. He scoffed, "You don't have a say in the matter," he said. 

     "I think he does," the familiar voice came from behind Ashon. I was too weak to peer past him, but I didn't have to. I already knew who it was. Ashon too, seemed to recognize the voice. His expression stilled as his grip on me loosened. Ashon turned around slowly, his eyes instantly landed of Malek. 

     "Let him go, brother," Malek said, his tone monotonous. 

      "Malek?" Ashon asked as he blinked twice. "How is this possible?" 

      "Let him go," Malek repeated, taking no notice to Ashon's question. He stood there, his white hair curled around his face in longer locks than the last time I'd seen him. His blood red eyes were on me but his expression was placid. He wore an outfit almost similar to the one Abby was wearing. It was all in black, he had a black t-shirt, a black pair of cargo pants and black combat boots. The dark color contrasted his pale complexion and his light hair.