CHAPTER 19 : Always Love You

I woke up late in the morning; it was almost noon. My curtains were drawn and the late morning light poured in. I yawned as I stretched out my sleep weary limbs before I slid out of my bed. Sluggishly I dragged my feet to the en-suit bathroom. The tiled room was cold under my bare feet. I walked to the sink first, taking a look at my reflection.

     I ruffled my bed hair before I reached for my toothbrush. As I made small circles with my toothbrush against my teeth I thought of Adrian. I was going over to see him again today. And the prospect of that had my mood improving. I smiled to myself in the mirror. My grey eyes gleamed as I pushed aside all my worrying thoughts. I'd reserve them for the evening.

       After I'd brushed my teeth I undress for a shower. As the air billowed with steam I stretched out my hand under the water—it was warm. I hopped under the shower head, letting the water droplets pelt my skin. Their warmth eased the soreness that still lingered in my body and I sighed deeply.

      After fifteen minutes in the shower I stepped out, feeling renewed. I grabbed two towels, wrapping the first one around my body and the second was for drying my hair. I returned to my room, where I dressed in something simple, a pair of blue jeans and a dark navy blue sweatshirt.

     I'd just pulled down my shirt when my growling stomach caught my attention. I was starving. I made my way out of room, I figured I'd get a quick snack before teleporting to Alon.

      The house was silent still. I knew my father was out, he'd mentioned to me yesterday during dinner he'd be leaving early in the for Boston. He had a meeting which he'd described as unavoidable, but he had promised he'd be back as soon as he could. It was a hollowing feeling knowing that once again I was alone in this house. 

     I made my way to the stairs, my bare feet moving soundlessly through the empty hall. From the top of the stairs I could see Harrod standing in the foyer by the front door. He was talking to someone but I couldn't make out who it was or what they were saying. I crept down, with each step trying to peer past my butler to who was on the other side of the door. It was only when I was on the last step that I could clearly see who it was.

      He stood at six feet, with golden hair that glimmered under the bright yellow sun. His eyes were an alluring forest green. He was dressed in a pair of dark jeans, a plain light blue t-shirt and a black plaid shirt over that. He smiled as he conversed with Harrod.

     "Adrian?" I said as I walked up to them.

     Immediately he turned his head to me. "Marcus," he said with a wide smile as our eyes met.

     "What are you doing here?"

     "I got discharged," he explained. "And I thought I'd come see you."

    "That's great," I said as I returned his gleeful smile. "Well come in," I said and Harrod stepped aside, giving Adrian entry.

     "Harrod, this is my friend Adrian," I introduced. Harrod

    "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," Harrod said as he extended his hand out to Adrian, who shook it with a friendly smile on his face.

     "It's nice to meet you too, but I think we've already met." Harrod arched a brow. "We met last year, on Marcus' birthday," he elaborated. Harrod looked blankly at him for a moment then recognition dawned on him. He looked confused for a second.  I could see the questions toiling away at the back of his mind. How are you alive? He probably thought. However he didn't say anything, he just nodded before he turned to me. I assumed being a witch he'd seen his fair share of unexplainable phenomena.