CHAPTER 32 : Wolves

"I can't believe you just left," Davin yelled.

    "I wanted to help," I told him.

    He scoffed. "Help." He turned from me running his hand through his chestnut hair. "You could have been hurt," he said.

   "But I wasn't," I said. "And it's not like I went alone, I had Jack," I pointed out. He huffed, as his eyes darted from me to Jack. He narrowed his eyes and I could see that he was getting ready to start yelling again.

    "As fun as it is to see you yelling at the kid, can we get to the point of this meeting," Malek said drawing the attention of everyone in the room. He was standing in the corner of the room, his arms folded over his chest as he leant against the wall. He was dressed in black skinny jeans and a maroon dress shirt. His red eyes landed on me for a second and I could still see the nervous glint that had sparked brightly throughout his conversation with his brother. It was dulled now, but I knew he was still antsy.

    "He's right," Scarlet said as she rose to her feet. She stood in front of the room. We were all seated around a large mahogany table. We were all here, Abby, Paige, Adrian, Michael, Jack, Davin, Kai, Mrs Thompson, and several other faces I did not recognize. All in all we were twenty four including Malek. There were other witches out there, these were just the ones in the safe house in West Chapel.

     "We really need to discuss our next move. Ashon and Geun caught us off guard in Alon, they took so much from us. They diminished most of our defenses, taking out most of our population. But they didn't stop us all. I know we've lost a lot but the battle isn't over. The next full moon will be tomorrow night. We have to strike back, before it's too late. 

    "But in order to do that, we need help. They may have the power but we could get the numbers. I know the council's policies on outside help but the circumstances are dire. This war we're fighting isn't just for the protection of our own realm, it's for the protection of the world. A world we do not inhabit alone."

      "What are you suggesting?" Asked a short, robust man. He had curly dark hair and a burly beard. Scarlet turned her gaze on him.

     "Werewolves, vampires, trolls, elves, they are as much a part of this as we are. We need their help." There was an uproar of murmuring. I caught bits and pieces of what they were saying, most of them calling Scar's idea ludicrous or madness.

     "Scarlet," said a dark skinned woman as she stood to her feet. "You can't honestly ask us to fight beside vampires, werewolves, trolls and elves," she asked and there were more murmurs. "Vampires are almost as bad as demons, trolls are untrustworthy, elves well, they'll never work with us, they've hated our kind for centuries and werewolves—"

    "What about werewolves?" Kai asked as she narrowed her golden eyes at the witch. She flinched as she settled back in her seat.

     "They're extremely reclusive," continued the robust man. "It will be hard enough to find a pack let alone convince them to join us."

      "We have to try," Scarlet said. "It won't be easy but I don't see another way out of this. Their help is the only way we'll even stand a chance. In order to stop Ashon and Geun we'll need get through a demon army and as we stand now we're no way near strong enough to launch any kind of attack. They'll slaughter us in one wave."

    "Scarlet is right," Michael said as he rose to stand next to her. "This isn't just our war. Ashon and Geun are threatening the world not just witches. The werewolves, vampires, trolls and elves have no other choice but to join us." No one objected.

    "Okay, we'll be splitting into our teams, there are several vampire clans in the country, you'll have to go to each one. Mckenzie, Garth, Abby and Finnegan your teams will be in charge of that. The elven queendom is accessible through a portal in Portland, I'll go with Helen's team. There's only one troll gathering in the country, in Brooklyn, Michael, Davin and Jack will deal with them. Marcus you're with Kai, and Isaac, you're on werewolf duty."