Chapter Fourteen : Bloody End

Isaac's POV

'Stare at him any harder and you might just explode' Mike laughed through our mind link.

I look over at him from where in sitting on the couch and glare before sneding back, 'Shut it. He's my mate I can stare if I  want.'

'He doesn't know he's your mate though and it might make him uncofotable.' He reminds me with a lifted brow.

I sigh and look away from my mate and down to the floor where the boys are playing happliy with the legos I keep here for when Dante visits. I notice how Dante carefully searches through the piles of blocks to find just the right piece before handing it over to Michael so he can add it to their little build. Both boys have huge smiles on their faces as they work. A few minutes later I see Cassie join Mike on the other couch and smile as she plants a kiss on his cheek before leaning on him and looking down at the boys with a smile on her face. 

Out of the corner of my eye I notice my little mate standing off to the side in the entery way of the living room. I notice he's focused on the boys so I focus back on them just in time to see Dente hand Michael another piece and another until  after a bit they stop and I notice Michael holding the finished contraption in his hand. I see him bite his little lip like he's thinking hard about something and I can't help but wonder what until he stands up and runs over to where im sitting on the couch.

He holds the Lego contraption out to me and I look down at him and smile.

"What's this buddy?" I asks leaning forward to be eye level with him so he knows I'm paying attention.

"It's a sling shot, see? You put the piece here and throw it by press'in here!" Michael informs me and I smile at him. I also notice when my little mate smiles while looking at us from the corner of my eye.

"Wow that's really cool! You did a great job!" I say, trying to sound excited for him and I ruffle his hair.

Michaels little face lights up and he turns to run over to his father. My eyes follow him as he goes and I feel my heart jump in my chest while looking at the two of them. 

"Daddy look what I made! Isaac said its cool! Do you think it's cool Daddy?" He asks and I can hear the hopeful tone in his little voice. 

I notice Felix bend to pick up Michael and I feel worry well up within me when I see him shake slightly from supporting the added weight. I want to say something but I see mike looking at me from the corner of my eyes and I see him give a little shake of his head, barely noticeable but still there.

'He's fine Brother. Maybe just a little weak still but he will get stronger once he's back into his normal routine.'  He assures me.

 I give a slight nod and answer, 'I know but I cant help this worry. I swear Castien is constantly on alert when Felix is around.'

'Get used to it. You're a mated man now. Plus you're an Alpha so I'm sure its even worse for you!' He practically laughs.

I roll my eyes and huff making both Mike and Cassie laugh quietly. I ignore them and look over at my mate as he speaks quietly to his son, holding him close to his body as if he never wants to let go. Holding him as if he was prepared to shield him from the world and keep him safe. I felt pride rise inside of me as I watched them. 

My beautiful mate. How had I ever thought about not trusting him, not trusting our bond? How had I even considered him a threat? The moment he lay unconscious in my arms at the pizza place I knew I'd do anything to protect him. And then again when I had to watch him day after day laying in that damn hospital bed, unmoving, in the cold , sterile room. I hated it. I just wanted him to wake up and show me his beautiful blue eyes. I wanted to take him away from there and hold him in my arms and protect him, protect the both from whatever had caused him to panic like that.