43-Marinette

I wake up and find myself in a stange bed with two arms snaked around my waist. I'm about to scream but I then remember the events from the night before. I roll over and find myself face-to-face with Adrien. I smile and kiss his nose. He's still asleep and I don't want to wake him up. I try to get out of the bed but I can't get out of Adrien's grasp. I give up trying, not wanting to disturb him. It can't hurt to go back to sleep for another hour, it's not like I have anywhere to be. I close my eyes but I can't seem to fall asleep. I sigh and carefully roll over. I grab my phone and see 15 missed calls from my mum.

I unlock my phone and dial her number.

"Hey mum," I whisper.
"MARINETTE! ARE YOU OKAY! WHERE ARE YOU?" My mum yells.
"I'm fine, I'm in a hotel room. A police officer brought us here last night," I explain.
"AND WHAT ABOUT THE INCIDENT WITH GABRIEL AGRESTE! I DIDN'T SEE THE NEWS AND NO ONE CALLED ME!" She's crying.
"Mamma, I promise that I'm okay. It's just a few cuts and bruises," I tell her.
"Okay, sweetie. I am so sorry I wasn't there for you," she whimpers.
"It's okay. I'm a superhero, mamma," I giggle.
"I know. But you are still my daughter. Also, why did you leave the hospital?" She asks.
"Well, I was in hospital and obviously my kwami, Tikki, was with Alya. Plagg, Adrien's kwami, contacted Tikki with some kind of special kwami power. I'm not sure how Alya got here but she came with Tikki and told me that Adrien needed help," I tell her.
"Is Adrien okay?" She questions.
"Yeah, he's still asleep," I whisper.
"And where's Alya?"

CRAP! I forgot that she has no place to go!

"OMG!" I gasp. "I have no idea where she is."
"It's okay. She called me and I picked her up. She's with me," Mamma giggles.
"I was worried!" I groan and she laughs again.
"What hotel are you at? I will come and pick you up later," she asks.
"The Savoy Hotel," I reply.
"Okay. I will see you later."
"Byeeeee."

I hang up the phone and drop it next to me. Adrien begins to fidgit so I assume he's waking up. He begins to shake and I see a bead of sweat dripping down his face. His arms unwrap from round my body and he hugs himself.

"Please, no," he mutters.
"Adrien?" I whisper.
"Please, let her go," he cries.
"ADRIEN!" I yell, trying to shake him awake.
"Mari," he whimpers.
"ADRIEN! I'm here. I'm right here! Wake up!" I cry.
"Don't shoot...." he mutters.
"ADRIEN! IT'S A NIGHTMARE!" I yell, crying.
"MARINETTE!" He screams, shooting up.
"I'm here baby. I'm right here...." I reassure him.

He looks at me with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I couldn't save you....." he whispers.
"I'm okay. It was only a bad dream," I tell him.
He pulls me into his chest.
"I need you," he cries into my hair.
I pull my head away and place my hands on either side of his face. I stare into his eyes. "You'll always have me," I smile.

He pulls me back into the hug and we sit there for what seemed like hours.
"Adrien?"
"Yes, princess?"
"I need you to tell me what happened last night."
He nods and wipes a tear from his cheek.

I hold his hands in mine as he tells me what happened.

".....I ran down the stairs. I heard a gunshot and a scream. I ran out of the house. That's when I bumped into Nathalie. And then you came. I was so scared that something would happen to you." He finishes explaining and I pull him into a huge hug.
"Adrien. I am so sorry," I kiss his cheek. "You shouldn't have to put up with this." I kiss the other cheek. "You are amazing." I kiss his nose. "And smart." I kiss his head. "And the kindest most caring person I know." I peck his lips. "And I promise you. No matter what happens, I will always ALWAYS be here for you."

He lets out a sob and smiles at me weakly. "I love you puurrrincess," he laughs.
"I love you more kitty," I smile back.