Chapter 16: More Missions?

"So, let me get this straight..." I say in Ozpin's office. I was called up after classes. "You want Noble Team to go out and stream another mission?" 

"Yes." 

"Alright... what's the mission?" 

"White Fang. They've rooted in a warehouse outside of Vale, and we want you to flush them out." 

"Are you sure you want them to see Covenant Weapons?" 

"We've already had covered that up, in case you haven't heard. A local weapons manufacturer had a break in recently, all that was stolen where experimental weapons." Ozpin takes a sip of coffee, a smug look on his face. 

"Good. So, when do we go?" 

"Tomorrow morning. Get ready, 6." 

"Yes, sir." I walk out of the office and into the elevator, and I get a call from my helmet. 

"It's Mr. Carter, 6. I'd suggest you answer." Gavin said. I do just that.

"What's up Carter?"

"We got a mission, right?" 

"Right. Tomorrow morning, be ready." 

"I'll notify the team. Over and out." He hangs up. Wonder how this one will go... 

Tomorrow morning, Ruby PoV 

"I really don't think these streams are necessary, honestly. A waste of precious time we could use to prepare for the Vytal Tournament." Weiss said.

"Are you kidding?! These missions show us how a team works! And professionals!" I say back.

"I don't think I'd describe them as professional after... what happened." Blake hangs her head.

"Still hung up on that song they sung? C'mon, they were good!" Yang slaps Blake's shoulder as she said that.

"They just made up whatever this...'West Virginia' place is!" 

"Oh, I see!" 

"Um... what?" I say, coming between the two. 

"She has it stuck in her head!" 

"No! I do NOT!" She gets angry at this.

"She totally does." 

"Ugh! Fine!" Yup, she does. We walk into the auditorium and Ozpin speaks.

"Ruby, you go into the combat classroom. There you will watch Carter's feed. Weiss, you go into Oobleck's classroom, you'll be watching Cat. Blake, you get the honor of watching 6 in Port's room, and Yang, go to Peach's rarely used room to watch Emile." How come Blake gets to watch 6?! I sigh it off and head to the combat classroom where all the team leaders are waiting. 

Noble 6 PoV

We're on some trucks that are heading to the drop off, and our cameras are currently cut off after last time. I cock the assault rifle and put it on my back. I do the same with my magnum and I turn to Jorge.

"So, you ready for this?" 

"As always, 6. And I'm sure ready to try out this new sidearm." He takes the SAW off of his back. Of course that's a sidearm to him. 

"I mean seeing Covenant Weapons again." 

"You do realize we sleep under the same roof as an elite zealot, right?" 

"But he's friendly... this is the needles and plasma flying again." 

"Right, right. I wonder what the Covey is doing anyway."