Chapter 27: To a Pulp

Who else has already stopped watching RvB: Zero?

Emerald swings her pistol knife things (looking for the real name of the weapon, seriously) from the end of a chain, trying to sweep my leg. I just clinks off my ankle, so she flicks it back, wrapping it around my leg. She try's to tug me off my feet, but fails. I just stand there, pretty confused. Her frustration grows, and she just gives up and charges me, so I grab her weapon as she swings, a look of fear coming over her face. 

"Hi." I grab her wrist and hurl her across the warehouse. She hits the scorpion attacking Emile, knocking him over. Emile finally gets the advantage, pressing him as the scorpion springs from the ground. If Emile was good at something, it was CQC, mastering the use of his kukri and sidearm in a close quarters fight. I turn to Carter and see him struggling against the dual swords Cinder has in her hands. I see his shields break again, but quickly regenerate. I focus back on Emerald... whose gone? I get slashed in the back, and I swing around, hitting nothing but air. I still can't find her. Another slash to the back, and other missed strike from me. That breaks my shields. I take a deep breath. I wait for a bit, than I pivot on my heel, throwing a haymaker into where I think the slash would be coming from. I don't see anything, but I land a massive punch, punching Emerald right in the face. I couldn't see her until I firmly planted my fist into her face, but she was surely there. She goes flying into some crates, breaking through them. I here the massive smack against a metal wall, and I grimace a bit. Yeah, I think I got her. I run over to help Carter, but someone comes crashing through a window on the roof, tackling Cinder. Of course it's Reha. Who else would have such amazing timing? Other than myself, of course. He kicks her off into the air, and she lands a fair distance away. I turn to Emile, who has the scorpion on the ropes, and soon, breaking his defenses. He slashes the guy, then unloading what must have been an entire clip of ammo from his sidearm into his gut, and kicks him off into a wall, shattering his aura. Jorge finds his own success with the big guy his size, overpowering him and bashing him in the face with his armored knee. He stumbles back, and Jorge puts a hefty straight kick into his gut, throwing him back. Cinder gets fed up.

"We're leaving!" She announces, running out of the building with everyone capable of running. This leaves Mercury behind. 

"So... what do we do with him?" Cat asks. 

"Oh, Mercury. I don't really have any suggestions." I say.

"Mercury? Wait a minute..." Emile takes a closer look at him. "Wait! I know this guy! He was with the one in green, right?" 

"Yup." 

"I threatened to drag her through the streets with this guy's intestines!" He said excited. A long silence ensued. 

"Is this normal?" Reha asks. 

"Eh, more or less." I say, and Emile gives a small nod. 

"So, anyone got a clue about who those guys were, besides the two kids and Cinder?" Carter asks, and we all gather in a circle around Mercury.

"Beats me." I say.

"So I take it nobody knows, then?" Carter said, and the rest of my team nods, in a sort of half shame. 

"Speaking of new people, I think we have your hacker, Cat." 

"Really now?" She asks, turning to me. 

"Watts. That's all we have now, but we can go off of that, right?" 

"Yeah, it's a start we didn't have before. I'll do some research and hopefully find the guy." 

"Okay, okay. Now, back to Mercury here..." Carter brings us back to topic. We look back down to him again.

"Well, school starts up again tomorrow, so we can't just hold him hostage." I say.