Chapter 23: No Rest, Just Action

Over 4K views... wasn't expecting that one. 

Ah! At last! Home sweet home! Kinda. Yeah, it's still just Remnant. Definitely not Reach... cool... now I'm just sad. Why do I do this to myself. Oh well. I land on the same snowy highland that I was originally picked up on. I open the channel on my radio, and I immediately get called. 

"6! 6 please respond!" I hear Cat yelling over the radio, and the muffled sounds of the rest of Noble asking about me and rushing over. 

"Noble 6 responding... package is secure." I say as Summer walks off, clearly not used to the scenery. Noble is celebrating in the background. "Requesting a pick up." 

"I'm coming over right away!" Cat said, excited. 

"NO!!" Me and Noble yell over the radio. 

"What?! Why?!"

"I'm not letting you into the driver's seat of my warthog!" 

"Your warthog?! It's OUR warthog!"

"Who built the thing and keeps all the bells and whistles in check?!" 

"... You..."

"Cat, your ass at driving. I'd rather not have you drive my baby! Carter, you pick the two of us up!" 

"I'll get right on that." Carter said in the back, and I hear the hog turn on. "Be there in a few hours." I turn my radio off and look at Summer, who's taken a seat on the loading ramp of the phantom, taking in the views. I sigh and look over the dirt road, waiting for the warthog. 

"So..." Summer starts. 

"Go ahead."

"You said Ruby was leading a team?" 

"Yup. Best leader that school has ever seen, I dare say."

"Really?"

"Really. Team R-W-B-Y. The Y is your other daughter. The W is that rich girl Weiss Schnee and the B is some girl named Blake Belladonna. Second one is a faunus. 

"A Schnee and a faunus?" 

"Yeah, there was a massive shootout at the docks that somehow came from all that. And by shootout I mean me and my team doing donuts in a jeep with a massive turret and having a grand ol' time. Then they made up, blah blah blah, now they like each other."

"So... what's your team like?"

"Well, Noble Team is made up of all your favorite stereotypes. The straightforward commander, the snarky techno-wizard, the rarely seen sniper, a slightly psychotic guy with a shotgun and a skull carved into his visor, the gentle giant, and me, the used to be stoic and silent hyper-lethal. It's what it sounds like." 

"Oh, fun."

"We're pretty much a family."

"Let me guess, the commander and techie are in love but don't think the other returns their feelings, and the psycho and giant are constantly at each others' throats." 

"I didn't know we were THAT stereotypical..." 

"I have a knack for these things." She laughs a bit. 

"Apparently." I say, taking a seat beside her. 

Three Hours Later

"So let me get this straight, Ruby has pretty much taken everything from you?" 

"I guess. Petal Burst, scythe, hood, hair, yeah that seems like my daughter. I just can't wait to see her..."

"Well, we have impeccable timing. Spring break is right around the corner, the school is all on their missions."