The Office

A/N: Check out this amazing fanmade cover for the "Girlfriend Package!" So much talent! <3

Several days after the surprise "date" with Seokjin, you stood in front of Taehyung's medical office.

You nervously shifted from foot to foot, suddenly wishing you had worn something fancier than faded converse, as you stared up at the sign above the door of the high end medical clinic.

"Plastics and Procedures."

"Dammit." You murmured under your breath, feeling suddenly very out of place, as a large woman-probably a wealthy client judging on the way she was dressed-pushed out from the doors, walking past you without a second glance, as you mumbled a soft pardon under your breath.

The plastic, stacking bento boxes in your right hand had begun to sting your skin from the hot ramen and other offerings inside, and giving you the kick you needed, you took in a deep breath and pushed the doors inward to enter the office.

The air conditioning hit you like a cold, arctic wave, a direct contrast to the warm california sun outside, and you shivered slightly, tugging at the sleeve of your t-shirt, as you approached the front desk, and the receptionist sitting behind it.

"Um, hello." You gave the girl behind the desk a little wave as she looked up at you, your voice hushed. Something about the atmosphere of the office made you feel like you needed to whisper.

The receptionist's eyes scanned down the length of you-first your face and then the rest of your body-a slight look of disdain covering her features, lips pulling up in a slight sneer of disgust, as she asked cooly, "Did you have an appointment?"

"No, but Dr. Kim-" You started to explain, words tumbling over each other, as you rushed to tell her that Taehyung was expecting you, feeling your cheeks heat with a blush as she continued to eye you over the top of the desk like you were some bug beneath her shoe.

"Dr. Kim's very busy." She interrupted you, already turning back to her computer, long manicured nails tapping loudly on the keyboard. "Make an appointment and come back."

Your mouth dropped open at the way she dismissed you so easily.

Another woman squeezed herself into the space beside you at the desk, and the receptionist, plastering a smile onto her red lips, turned to the patient, ignoring you completely now, as the woman handed her a flashing, black credit card.

You stepped aside, the bento boxes clutched to your chest, suddenly feeling very much out of your element, and a bit unsure of what to do now.

"(Y/N)! You made it!"

You had never been happier to hear a familiar voice before in your life.

Taehyung, appearing from a doorway beside the desk, bounded over to you, wearing a labcoat and black scrubs, dark, curly hair tousled and falling over his forehead into his eyes, which are framed behind large, square rimmed glasses.