Episode 2, chapter 1

Watch the above video to understand this better.

Jake's POV

'You did what?!'

Drew, Henry, Liam and I sit in the cafeteria.

'Wait, hear me out! I know what you're thinking but there's a reasonable explanation!'

Drew sits down again. 'You seriously ditched us yesterday to audition for the music freak club?!' He exclaims.

Liam chuckles. 'I can't wait to hear this!'

'Look, it's...' I blush a little. 'Daisy. She told me that she loved singers and I should try out for the competition so...' I give an awkward laugh. '...I agreed.'

The three stare at me. Henry starts to laugh. 'You joined the music competition for Daisy? Dude, you're so whipped!' He laughs again.

I blush again. 'Don't scream it out to the whole school!'

Drew looks at me. 'That's it? Daisy told you to, so you said yes? What's next, are you gonna strip down butt naked because she asked you to?!'

'Simp!' Henry teases, laughing along with Liam.

'Look, it's all part of my plan.' I say. 'Daisy said she'd come and watch me practice during rehearsals! Which gives me a chance to get closer to her. And once I impress her with my singing, I can finally ask her out!' I say brightly. 'Good, right?'

Liam crosses his arms. 'Seriously dude? I wouldn't go through that much effort for a chick! I'll give you props though!'

'Liam...' I grin. 'If I know anything about ladies, it's that they love a guy who can sing. Besides, it's called being romantic.'

'Romantic. What's that? I've never heard of that word!' Liam says sarcastically.

Henry laughs. 'And that's why you've never had a girlfriend!'

'Then what's your excuse then? You've never even kissed a girl!'

Drew smirks. 'I just can't believe you're gonna embarrass yourself on stage with those freaks. Just to ask a girl out!'

'Hey, you think if I auditioned to sing I could get Lia to like me?' Henry asks. 'It can't be that hard! Listen- And I was like, baby, baby, baby OHHHHHH! Like, baby...'

The cafeteria goes quiet.

'Great, look what you've started!' Drew says as Henry continues 'singing'.

I laugh. 'Sorry! I'll be leaving him with you two! I just realised I'm late for music practice!' I pick up my tray. 'See you guys next period!'

Third person POV

'Yeah, see you...'

'... BABY, OHHHHHH! LIKE, BABY, BABY, BABY-'

'Can you believe him? Joining those music freaks just to impress Daisy?!' Drew exclaims.

Liam and Henry share a look.

'What's so impressive about it anyway? It's not like I had to embarrass myself on stage to get Zoey to like me. Then again, I could probably get any girl I wanted.'

Yeah, sure dude, it has nothing to do with the fact that your parents are loaded. Henry thinks.

Or that your girlfriend's a gold digger... Adds Liam. (A/N: DiD tHeY jUsT rEaD eAcH oThEr'S mInDs?)

---

Third person POV

'Zander, we've talked about this...'

'And you don't think he has any ulterior motives? Embarrass us on stage in front of everybody?'

'If that happens, I'll just boot him off stage with my foot. Simple.' Milly says.

'Then why don't we just boot him out now?!' Zander exclaims.

'Because Zander, we're supposed to be giving him a chance.' Luke says.

'He-' Zander begins.

The band hears the sound of the door swinging open.

'Uh... Did I come at a bad time again?' Jake asks.

'You're late.' Hailey says. 'I thought I told you practice was at 12:30 sharp.'

'Oh right, my bad. You know what the line is like in the cafeteria!' Jake laughs nervously.

'Uh-huh.' Hailey mutters.

'See what I mean?' Zander says. 'He can't even take rehearsals seriously. He probably won't even show up for the competition.'

'Hey, I was only 10 minutes late today!' Jake argues. 'Okay, I'm sorry for turning up late, I promise I won't do it again!' He smiles.

Zander grumbles and turns away, muttering, 'sounds like a load of crap to me...'

He really hates my guts, huh? Jake thinks to himself.

'Well...' Sean begins slowly. 'The good news is I think I've found the perfect beat for our performance! You guys wanna hear it?'

'Obviously!' Milly says. 'DJ, hit that track!'

'You got it!' Sean hits a button on his laptop and music begins playing from the speakers. Everyone begins smiling.

Sean presses the button again, and the music stops. 'What do we think?'

'Sounds great, Sean!' Hailey smiles.

Milly leaps off the desk and picks up her guitar. 'Nice! Now I can finally try making a guitar riff for this thing!'

'And I can't wait to practice on my baby again!' Luke adds, turning to look at his drum set.

'So... how do we go about making a song?' Jake asks.

'Well, now that I've found a beat, I can play around with the melody for a bit, add everyone's instruments into the mix, and then you can write the lyrics for the song!' Sean says.

Hailey turns to Jake. 'I'm usually the songwriter, so we can work on that together. Once we have a song written, you can practice your vocals with Zander on the piano.' She says with a smile.

'Him, practice with me?' Zander says incredulously. 'I'm not going to waste my valuable time on him.'

'Zander...'

Jake chuckles. 'I thought you told me to take the competition seriously.'

Zander glares. 'I refuse to waste my time on you because I'm taking it seriously! I know you're only here for some other selfish reason rather than actual passion.' he sneers. 'It's obvious that you haven't joined our club out of real interest, and for some reason, I'm the only one in this bloody club that seems to get it!' Zander yells.

Jake growls in annoyance. 'Funnily enough, I actually do have a passion for music, and I love singing! You don't know anything about me!' He retorts.

Hailey apprehensively tries to interject. 'Guys, please stop-'

'Then why have you talked down on us for so long?'

Silence.

Hailey frowns, looking down at the floor.

'That's what I thought.' Zander says quietly.