Episode 3, chapter 4

Sean's POV

I sweep the floor in the music room by myself and sigh. Suddenly I hear a knock at the door and turn around.

'Um, hello? This is the music room, right?' Asks a girl with long white hair.

Woah, she's really cute.

'Uh... Yep, that would be this room, aha...' I laugh a little.

'Oh, right! Silly me...' She says. 'I just thought rehearsals for the band competition would be going on right now.'

'Oh, well they would be, but we usually practice at lunchtimes now. You should come by tomorrow!' I smile.

'Oh, I see...' She says.

I start sweeping the floor again. The girl then walks over and asks me, 'so... what do you play?'

'Uh, you mean in the band?' I smile.

'Yes!' She exclaims happily. 'I'm very interested in your band, and super excited for the competition! I bet it'll be amazing-' She stops when she notices my expression.

She turns red and laughs nervously. 'Oh sorry, I got a little too excited there.'

I laugh. 'That's okay, I'm glad to see other people excited for us! To be honest, I don't really play any particular instrument in the club. I usually produce the music, find the beats, that sort of thing.'

'Oh, that sounds fun!'

'Yep, it's pretty fun!' I laugh.

We stand in awkward silence for a moment before I slowly say, 'Can I... help you with anything else?'

'Oh no!' The girl says quickly. '...Well, I was wondering why you're cleaning by yourself. I don't mean to sound rude but... Isn't that the janitor's job?' She says slowly and hesitantly.

'Um... I guess it is. But I like to do it myself. Cleaning is sort of a hobby of mine.' I reply.

'I see...' She says. 'But... isn't it lonely? Staying behind after school to clean a classroom?'

'You don't need to worry about me, I want to stay behind!' I smile. 'And besides, Mr Broom and I have plenty of great conversations together. He's great company!' I laugh awkwardly, a little too loudly.

'Hey, how about I keep you company!' The girl suggests brightly.

'Oh, there's no need to-'

'That's okay! I love cleaning too!' She grins widely and says, 'plus, it's much more fun when you have company, right?'

'Well, alright then! Thank you, uh... Sorry, what's your name?'

'I'm Daisy!' Daisy smiles. 'It's a pleasure to meet you!'

'Oh, you too! I'm Sean!'

'Ohh, I see! So you're Sean! Jake has told me a bit about you. You're in the year above, right?'

'Yeah, I'm sort of the big brother of the group.'

'That's so sweet!' Daisy says. 'I bet they really look up to you.'

'Well, not to toot my own horn, but I guess they do! Hey, wanna listen to a new track I've been working on while we clean?'

'I would love to!'

---

Milly's POV

I walk through the hallway and see Zoey and Lia up ahead. Glaring, I stop, but they just pass me without a word.

Did they just... avoid me? I grin. I guess yesterday did the trick. I am pretty terrifying!

Suddenly my thoughts are interrupted.

'Hey Milly!' Jake calls.

'Oh, sup?'

'I have something to give you.'

'You do?' I ask as he pulls a piece of paper from his pocket. It's the missing page from my diary!

'W-where did you get that?! Give it here!' I demand, snatching the paper from his hand.

'Hey, chill out! I was going to give it to you anyways.' He says.

I feel heat rise to my face.

'Um... you okay Milly?'

'I-if you tell anyone about this-' I stammer.

'Oh, don't worry, I didn't read it!' Jake says. 'Well, I heard a bit from Zoey and Lia, but they didn't actually say who the mystery boy was.' He continues as I fold the paper up and put it in my pocket.

'Tch, those guys are bound to tell the whole school eventually!'

'I wouldn't be so sure of that.' Jake replies. 'I sort of have my own dirt on Zoey, so she promised to keep her mouth shut. They won't be telling anybody about this.'

'You... blackmailed your friend for me?'

'Um... Well when you put it like that...' He laughs, but before he can finish I run up and hug him. 'Woah, woah there!' He grins, hugging back.

'Thank you Jake! I didn't know what to do, you really saved me!' I exclaim gratefully.

'It was nothing, anything for a friend!' He smiles.

'I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys...' I say. 'I was just... embarrassed. I thought I could deal with those girls by myself but in the end I just made it worse.' I look at him and remember his black eye. 'Oh and I'm really sorry for punching you. I really didn't mean to, I feel really bad about it...' I smile nervously.

'Oh, this? Ah, don't worry. I knew you didn't actually mean it.' Jake smiles. 'Besides, I kinda think it makes me look tough.' He says, smirking.

'Pff, whatever makes you feel better about it.' I grin, rolling my eyes.

'So, you promise not to get into any more scraps?' Jake asks.

I sigh, then smile. 'Yeah, I promise. Man, I'm so glad you got this back for me. If the whole school, found out who my crush was, I think I would've had to change schools-'

'Oh, hey Milly!'

I turn pink. It's Elliot. (A/N: it'S GARBY-)

'I just wanted to tell you that the orchids have started to bloom.' Elliot runs a hand through his hair shyly. 'You should come by the garden and see sometime.'

'O-okay,' I blush profusely.

'Great! Well, s-see ya!' Elliot walks off.

'Wait, he's your crush?!' Jake shouts from behind me.

I turn around and punch him in the arm. 'Ow-'

'Don't shout it out loud, you idiot!' I exclaim.

'Sorry, sorry! It's just, he's not what I expected...' Jake smiles a little.

'Hmph!'

All of a sudden, we hear a high pitched voice. A girl with long white hair approaches us.

'Oh, Jake!' She calls, wearing a wide smile on her face. 'I'm glad I caught you. I meant to watch you at rehearsals yesterday, but I got the time wrong!' She says sheepishly. 'Will you guys be practising today?'

'Um, uh, y-yeah, we will! I'll uh- WE'LL, be there at lunchtime!' Jake stutters. I raise my eyebrows. This is so unlike him... Wait a minute... Wait a dANG MINUTE-

'Wonderful! I'm looking forward to it!' The girl says as I smirk. She walks off.

When she's out of earshot, I grin at Jake. 'So... I guess I'm not the only one with a crush!'