Episode 4, chapter 2

I turn around and walk back along the path.

'The seasons come and go like thoughts of you,

Like a wave returns to the sea into the blue.

They change but in a cycle that I can't lose,

Each painful but delightful to live through.'

I pick a leaf up off the ground then let it fly out of my hand.

'You came into my life just like another season.'

FlAsHbAcK tImE aGaInNnN

I sit at my desk with my friends, smiling as they laugh. My head turns towards the front of the classroom. My kindergarten teacher beams as she introduces us to the new kid. Zander.

'Not for long just a time, just like another season.'

I look over at Zander as he sits at his desk. He looks anxious and shy. I get up from my desk and walk over, sitting down next to him. He smiles as I introduce myself.

'Maybe this time next year you'll reappear for no reason

But I'll cherish every day, till you come my way this season.'

During break time, kids run around the schoolyard. I chase after my friends but stop when I see Zander over by a tree. He stands there, just rubbing his arm and avoiding the others. He looks kinda lonely.

I smile and walk over to him. Holding a hand out I invite him to join us. He takes it.

'The seasons turn and change just like your mind.'

I stand awkwardly facing Zander and Hailey, who are arguing with each other. The three of us are in the music room at our school.

'Like the sun gives into the moon into the night.'

Hailey approaches me and hands me a pair of drumsticks. She gestures to the drum set. I smile and look over at Zander.

'Time continues marching, it slowly crawls.'

I smile as the three of us play. Hailey is playing her bass guitar and Zander is on the keyboard. I play the drums, which turns out to be a lot of fun.

'With each new one starting, I recall.'

I stop and look over at Zander. He plays the keyboard with ease; eyes closed, and a smile on his face. He looks really calm.

'You came into my life just like another season.'

On the way home from school it begins snowing. I stand beside Zander who is shivering. Suddenly a snowball hits Zander on the back of the head. Snow flies into the air as we look over at Hailey, who smirks.

'Not for long just a time, just like another season.'

Zander turns back to face me. We grin at each other and run towards Hailey. And thus begins le snowball fight UwU.

'Maybe this time next year you'll reappear for no reason.'

Hailey throws a snowball at me which hits me right in the head. She runs past me as Zander chases after her. He bumps into me and falls backwards. Before he can hit the ground I catch him. We open our eyes and find ourselves staring right at each other.

'But I'll cherish every day till you come my way this season.'

My face heats up. I apologise as Zander stands up. I step backwards. But then Zander smiles and laughs. I laugh along with him. All of a sudden I feel another snowball hit my shoulder...

End of le flashback UwU (LE LANDER IS REAL)

'Each time of year carries memories.'

I sit on a park bench, smiling down at the leaf in my palm. I hold it to my chest.

'Like a never fading whisper in the breeze

Oh we will keep on changing all over again

Yeah we will keep on changing just like another season.'

Zander starts walking away from me. I run up and grab his hand.

'Don't want another day without you by my side, oh this season...'

I stand up and begin to walk down the path.

'You came into my life, just like another season

Not for long just a time, just like another season.'

I smile as faded figures of Zander and I appear all around me.

'Just like another season.'

Zander appears in front of me. He stares then turns around and walks off. I reach out towards him, but he keeps walking.