Episode 3, chapter 2

Third person POV

At lunchtime in the music room, the rest of the band try to find out what was going on with Milly.

'I told you, I'm fine!'

'You can talk to us about anything, Milly. What did she do?'

'It's nothing! I'm dealing with it.' Milly says.

'But we can deal with it together! We're worried about you!' Hailey says.

At that moment Jake walks through the door.

'Woah, are you okay Jake? Your eye!' Sean exclaims.

'I'm fine. A certain... someone... punched me in the face just now.'

'Milly!' The band, excluding Zander who is smirking, exclaims.

'Sorry, okay?' She says, not sounding too sorry. 'It was a reflex. I don't like being manhandled.'

'Yeah well-' Jake walks over. 'I realise that now. So what exactly was all that about?'

'That's what we're trying to figure out...' Zander says, rolling his eyes irritatedly.

'And I told you it's none of your business!' Milly retorts.

'Look Milly, I know what those girls are like; they harass me as well.' Hailey says, trying to reason with her. 'But if you keep getting into trouble like this, the school won't let you compete in the band competition. You could get expelled! We don't want to lose you! So please, stop fighting!'

'I-It's not as simple as that!' Milly says guiltily.

'That's a little selfish, don't you think?' Zander interjects. 'Because you can't control your anger, we all have to pay the price. Does the band mean nothing to you?'

Milly glares at him. 'You don't understand how I feel, Zander! Those girls have picked on me ever since I entered this hellhole of a school! You can't stop me from fighting, those girls are asking for it!'

Luke smiles nervously. 'Guys, why don't we just calm down-'

'You're not doing yourself any favours! All you're doing is giving yourself an even worse reputation in school.' Zander says.

Milly stares daggers at him. 'THAT'S IT! I've had enough of all of you! Stop trying to control me... Just leave me the hell alone!' She yells, hurt in her voice.

She walks briskly out of the music room. Hailey runs after her, leaving the boys. 'Milly, let's talk about this!'

'Great. She's on a rampage again.' Sean says once the girls have left the room.

Luke looks worriedly at the others. 'What are we going to do? We can't lose our main guitarist!'

Zander sighs. 'What can we do? She basically just told us that she'll do whatever the hell she wants, we have no control over her.'

Jake walks towards the door.

'You don't have to fight! We can deal with whoever's bothering you, together!'

'I said, I'm dealing with it by myself!' Milly said irritatedly.

'Milly, I'm worried about you,' Hailey says. 'I don't want you getting into more trouble!'

Milly's POV

I smile to myself.

'You say I make you nervous, a tragedy,

I'm a beautiful disaster, a reckoning,

You wonder how I got this way?'

I turn to look at Hailey then walk closer.