Chapter 7

Your POV

It was still a few hours until nightfall but I was struggling with my armor so much.

I groaned in frustration for the hundredth time and took a deep breath.

"Need help?" I hear for the door way. I turn around and see my brother there, snickering at me.

"Yeah... I've never worn armor before..." I confess.

"Really? Well, if you grew up in the castle with me then that would've been all that you would've worn." Cas tells me while walking over to help me.

"Are you mad at me?" I ask him. "What do you mean?" He responds while taking some of the straps and fixing them. "For taking Peter's side..." I answer.

"I'm not mad, but I was a little heartbroken when you didn't defend me... but then I told myself soon after that you have your reasons for believing what you do and that I shouldn't be mad at you for having a mind of your own. But can I ask you something else?"

"What's on your mind, Cas?" I ask.

"Why didn't you ever come back, to the castle I mean?" He asks, still helping me with my armor.

"I didn't know I had a sibling or was a princess until this morning we found you. Aslan showed me a memory of when you and Dad gave me my necklace and then Mom..." I trail off. "What was Dad like?" I suddenly ask.

"He was amazing while he was alive. You know, people say he died of heartbreak after losing both Mom and you..." He says, finishing helping me with my armor. "There, all done. Does it feel right?" Cas asks me, gesturing to my armor.

I nod. "You know, most girls imagine their brother helping them pick a dress or something, not fitting them into their armor." I laugh. Cas joins me and then he looks to me, his face falling.

"Please be careful, I just got you back... I can't loose you..." He tells me. I give him a small smile and pull him into a hug. "I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon." I tell him. He pulls back and leaves so that I can put my sword and shield on me. I put my sword around my waist and my shield on my back. I need remind myself that I need to get my sword sharpened before the attack.

After I finish putting everything on, I look at myself in the mirror. So much for looking like a Princess... I'm not sure how long I was looking at myself until I hear someone clear their throat from behind me.

I jump a little and turn to the door only to see Ed. "What's with you and scaring me when I think I'm alone?!" I exasperate. I look back to myself in the mirror.

"What are you looking at?" He asks me. "I don't really look like a Princess, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing." I tell him.

"Well, a royal is made by their heart. And what I see is a passionate, loving, courageous, and selfless person... oh look, you're here too!" Ed jokes and laughs. "Hey!" I playfully hit him and laugh with him. Our laughter calms down and his face changes, going a small but serious look. He looks straight into my eyes "But seriously, you are so selfless and loving that you don't need to worry about people not liking you. You are amazing, kind, courageous, and... and beautiful." He finishes. I feel a blush crawl up on my face.

"Thank you..." I smile up to him. "If I asked you to do something for me, would you?" He says out of no where.

"Depends." I give a small chuckle. "I want you to stay by my side in the raid. Peter, Caspian, and I all agreed that you should by my side tonight, that way not only can I protect you, but you can keep me from doing something stupid." Ed asks.

"Yeah, I'll do that, but you have to promise me something." I request. "And what would that be?" Ed asks.

"I want you to be careful. I care about you... a lot. So I don't want anything to happen to you... I'll catch you outside before the raid, I've got to get my sword sharpened." I quickly kiss him on the cheek and make my way out of the room and to the main entrance, blushing like a madwoman.