Chapter 2

Joellen's POV

Trumpkin and I continue to stare at the people in front of us.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me... you're it?" Trumpkin asks them with disbelief. They look to him in confusion.

"You're the Kings and Queens of Old..." I say clearing up their confusion.

The oldest blonde steps forward. "High King Peter, the Magnificent." He says, he takes my hand and kisses it while I bow then holds out his hand for Trumpkin to shake. But Trumpkin just gives him a look.

"You probably could've left off the last bit..." The second oldest said. I assume that she is High Queen Susan, and the stories of her beauty were right.

Trumpkin laughs. "Probably." He adds, still chuckling.

"You might be surprised." King Peter states, unsheathing his sword.

"Oh, you don't want to do that, boy." Trumpkin warns. I hit his shoulder and he looks up to me.

"Are you seriously insulting the High King?!" I whisper-yell to him. I hear the youngest girl laugh and I look up and find that she heard me.

"Not me." He starts but then looks to the other King. "Him." King Peter finishes.

King Edmund unsheathes his sword and King Peter holds out his own sword to Trumpkin.

"Not me. Her." He tells him, mocking the words the King just spoke.

All eyes widen at Trumpkin states, mine opening the widest. "Trumpkin, I don't think that-" "Oh, just shut up and take the sword." He tells me, walking off to the side.

I close my mouth and King Peter holds out his sword for me. I slowly take it out of his hands and he goes back to join his sisters.

"Show 'em how it's done." Trump grins but I look over to him with anger in my eyes. Why did he have to make me fight a King?! Especially the legendary King who was known for his swordsmanship!

King Edmund bows to me and I curtsied back. Well, can't back out now...

I quickly throw my sword at the King and we clash swords. He swings back at me but I turn my body avoiding the blade and building momentum for my next advance. After the turn I continue my swing but the King ducks to avoid it but that was a mistake on his part. As soon as he ducked, I brought up knee and connected it with his head.

"Sorry!" I quickly apologize. I didn't want to hit him but this was a fight!

"Edmund!" Queen Lucy screams. "You all right? Oh!" Trumpkin calls from his spot, laughing at him.

He quickly swings at me and I block it but he's very strong so I start to loose grip on the sword. I continue to push back against his sword but he was smart. He quickly moved to the side and I tripped forward, he brings his sword back and he hits me with the flat side, unintentionally cutting my back.

"Oh, you okay, sweetheart?" The King mocks but little does he know. I hear Trumpkin's breathe stop. "Oh no..." I hear him whisper under his breath. The royals look to him in confusion.

I hate that name. "Sweetheart." I am a very patient person but when someone calls me that... it's never pretty. Call it a trigger word if you must. My surroundings change and suddenly, I am looking at Cortex Fernando in front of me. Anger builds up inside my veins and my knuckles turn white from my grip getting tighter on the sword. I loose control...

I charge at the him and swing my sword. His eyes widen but he blocks my blows at him. I step on his foot and I try to bring my sword but he moves out of the way. I turn around in enough time to block his attack but instead of him pulling back our swords start to swing together in a circle. Neither of us can throw the others' sword so swords eventually fly up to the other's neck. (Imagine the end of Caspian and Edmund's fight on the Dawn Treader if you have seen it.)