Chapter 1

Caspian's POV

My eyes shot open from sleep when someone put their hand over my mouth. My nerves kicked in and I became defensive. But I soon calmed down once I realize it is my Professor that woke me.

I moved his hand off my mouth. "Five more minutes." I tell him, turning away from him and closing my eyes once more, avoiding his astronomy lesson.

"You won't be watching the stars tonight, my prince." He tells me in a wavering tone. I turn my head and look at him with confusion. "Come. We must hurry." He pulls on my arm, pulling me up and out of bed.

"Professor, what's going on?" I ask, worry in my voice.

"Your Aunt has given birth." He says, pulling me to my wardrobe, then looking to me. "To a son."

My thoughts flood with fear as I know that Miraz now has a heir, he'll try to kill me to get my Father's throne permanently.

The Professor quickly opens a secret passageway in my wardrobe. "Come!" He waves to me, pulling me from my thoughts. I hear people gather outside my door so I quickly rush inside, cracking the door so I can still see.

Men come into my room and surround my bed, aiming their crossbows at it. I see General Glozelle give a hand gesture and the men open fire. The destroyed curtain surrounding my bed falls and I see the shocked and angry face the General makes. I quickly take off after the Professor, knowing they'll start looking for me.

We go down the passage stairs and we make it to the armory. The professor quickly gives me some armor and a sword to disguise myself as well as protect myself.

I make my way outside and my Professor helps me with my horse, Destrier.

"You must make for the woods." He tells me.

"The woods?" I ask him.

"They won't follow you there. There you can find your sister." He tells me.

"What?" I asked him, trying to keep my voice low.

"She's alive, my prince. You must find her. But here, take this." The Professor says as he tries to hand me something wrapped in cloth.

"Wait." I hold up my hand, not taking the object just yet. "She's alive and you didn't tell me?!" I whisper yell to him.

"I have my reasons! Now take this. It has taken me many years to find this." He scolds me while pushing the cloth to me. I quickly take it and put it into my pocket.

"Do not use it except at your greatest need." He tells me.

"Will I ever see you again?" I ask him, worried for his safety.

"I dearly hope so, my Prince. There is so much more I meant to tell you. Everything you know is about to change. Now go, find Joellen and be safe." He tells me.

I take off riding towards the drawbridge. Fireworks going off over my head in celebration of the new baby.

-----

Joellen's POV

"No, no, only a pinch! Here, let me show you." Trufflehunter tells me. He come over and shows me how much salt I'm supposed to put in the soup we're making for dinner. "That's exactly what I did, Truff." I tell him. We start to bicker back and forth when suddenly Trumpkin yells at us to be quiet.

"You don't have to be so mean about it Trumpkin." I say to him.

"No, seriously, be quiet, listen..." He says.

We all start to hear what sounds like someone struggling outside.

"You guys stay here, me and Nikabrik will check it out." Trumpkin says.