Chapter 9

Lucy's POV

I'm quietly sitting on the stone table, fiddling with my cordial, when I hear a distress call of a griffin from outside. I quickly jump up and run outside to see a griffin carrying someone in their arms. The griffin lands on it's two back feet, still cradling the figure in it's arms. I run up to the creature and recognize it as Chess, Joellen's griffin.

"Queen Lucy, please, I need your help, she's lost a lot of blood, I'm not sure if she's even still alive..." Chess rambles out. The creatures who stayed behind start to gather around Chess, trying to see what was going on.

He quickly places the figure on the ground and I run up to them, finally being able to see who it was. "Joellen!" I quickly drop by her side. I quickly apologize to her as I yank the arrow out of her stomach. I quickly open my cordial and place the rim to her blue lips. I let a drop fall into her mouth.

Her chest start to move up and down and the wound closes up . But something wasn't right... the color was not returning to her face. I quickly place one more drop in her mouth but nothing happens. She still blue and pale, she hasn't woken up or moved... I start to panic.

"Why isn't it working?! It only worked halfway!" I cry out. I hear people start to gasp around me.

"Lucy..."

I turn around at the sudden voice from behind, but no one was there. "Did you hear that?" I ask him, turning back to him. "Hear what, Your Majesty?" Chess asks, still upset over Joellen. People turn in the direction I was looking but only look back to me with confusion on their face.

"Lucy..."

The voice says from behind me. Wait... I'd know that deep voice anywhere...

"Aslan?!" I call out, facing the direction the voice came from. "Your Majesty, I don't hear anything..." Chess says to me. People start to murmur around me.

"Get her to the fire side, Child..."

I quickly turn back to face Joellen and Chess. "We need to get her next to a fire!" I shout.

"But, Your Maj-" "Now!" I shout at Chess once again with scared eyes. He quickly picks her up and I mount him, he quickly flies through the halls of the How until we make it to a resting room with a fire. He quickly places her down on a blanket next to the fire and backs away.

"Now what?" Chess asks. I look to Joellen and I see the color slowly returning to her body. "Now, we wait..." I breathe out.

-----

Chess and I are still waiting for Joellen to return to normal and wake up when we I hear Trufflehunter comes in. "Your family has returned, my Queen." he tells me. Both Chess and I get up and head for the exit, not before checking on Joellen once more.

-----

Edmund's POV

Nightwing and I are still flying to the How, what's left of the soldiers are beneath us on the ground. My mind is racing though, I can't help but worry for Joe... did Chess make it to Lucy in time?...

Nightwing quietly lands on the ground only for me to hear Caspian and Peter scream, drawing their swords, pointing them at each other.

"Stop it!" I scream at them. At this time, Glenstorm came forward. He held Trumpkin in his arms, I quickly help Glenstorm put him on the ground. I hear Lucy gasp as she runs over to him. She uses her cordial and says, "Please work this time..."

What she said had caught my attention. "Lucy, what are you talking about?" I say with fear, worried that I may not like the answer. She simply looks to me and then looks down.