Chapter 4

the medic couldn't risk losing his son again. the others sped up after him. they could hear the sparkling screaming outside the base as they pulled up. Ratchet transformed and raced in, he was laying on the floor. he was quick to scoop the sparkling up and hold him tightly. he continued to scream as Ratchet looked him over, trying to calm him down.

"shhhh. hey it's alright." Ratchet assured, holding him gently. the sparkling whimpered and cuddled him, hiccupping.

"where's Sari and Wheeljack?" Prowl ask. Ratchet looked up from the sparkling, gently rubbing away the oily tears from his little cheeks. the thunder roared loudly and the sparkling cried. it echoed through the base.

"its alright Bumblebee. it's just thunder." Ratchet assured, holding him. "Sari! Wheeljack!" Ratchet shouted.

"R-Ratchet?" Sari ask, poking her head out. they walked over to her.

"what happened?" Optimus ask.

"I-I dunno. there was some thunder and Wheeljack dropped Bumblebee and took off running." Sari said, pointing towards the medbay. she was trembling and the Prime was quick to scoop her up and hand her over to Bulkhead. usually Bumblebee would comfort her but he wasn't an option at the moment.

"stay back." Ratchet said. he shifted the sparkling clinging to his armor and headed for the medbay, almost hesitantly.

"Ratchet whats happening?" Optimus ask.

"I'm not sure. so just stay back." Ratchet said. he inched towards the medbay. "Jack? Jack you okay?" Ratchet ask. Bumblebee whimpered, looking up at his father. "it's alright kid." Ratchet assured. Ratchet flipped the wrench out of his arm and held it out to his sparkling. "here." Ratchet said. Bumblebee took it and chewed on it some, but was still clearly upset.

"do you want me to take him?" Prowl ask.

"no it's alright." Ratchet said. he headed into the medbay, things were thrown around and damaged, but he couldn't see Wheeljack. "Jack! it's me!" Ratchet shouted. another loud roar of thunder and the sparkling whimpered again. Ratchet looked down at him, suddenly deciding it wasn't as safe as he thought. "Prowl take him." Ratchet said holding him out. Prowl quickly took Bumblebee, who screamed and cried reaching for Ratchet and dropping the wrench in his fit, and held him gently. he rubbed circles gently on the back of Bumblebee's helm hoping to sooth him.

"Ratchet whats wrong with him?" Prowl ask.

"I'm not sure. get out of the medbay." Ratchet said looking around. "I can't think of anything that would make him hurt Bumblebee." Ratchet added. Prowl nodded and backed up, the others following him out of the medbay. "Jackie? it's just me. you okay?" Ratchet ask, heading for his room. he slowly opened the door. the room was a mess and Wheeljack was covering his head, hiding under the berth. there was another loud roar of thunder and the mech whimpered. Ratchet sighed slightly. the mech was terrified, back in the war on Cybertron. the thunder was setting him off. he walked over and knelt beside him, gently putting a hand on his back. "Jack, it's okay. it's alright." Ratchet said. his bonded lashed out shoving him hard.

"don't touch me!" Wheeljack shouted. Ratchet's optics widened in surprise and he scrambled back some.

"okay. okay." Ratchet said, putting his servos up to show he'd comply. "it's alright. it's just some thunder Jack." Ratchet assured. Wheeljack curled up.

"Prowl bring me Bumblebee."

"but I thought it was dangerous?"

"bring him here."

it took a few clicks but the ninja brought the sparkling to him. Ratchet stood and took him.

"get back." Ratchet said. Prowl backed up quickly.