Chapter 13

"I didn't realize you guys could bite." Sari said, watching curiously. "or at least not like this." Sari added, stepping back some.

"sparklings have razor sharp spikes in their mouths, allowing them to bite on metal without getting hurt. when they bite and teethe, denta plates hurt just as much as human teeth when sparklings teethe. they can chose to activate them or not." Ratchet muttered, pulling the sparkling off. he left dents and scratches on the Prime, but finally got the sparkling off. the sparkling gave a loud scream. "they generally don't tend to use their spikes, unless they actually intend to bite instead of teethe. they usually only bite if they're in serious pain, or they're in danger. of course Bumblebee's just doing it to be an aft." Ratchet added. he lifted the sparkling and looked over his mouth, making sure he didn't damage any of the little spikes in his mouth, the sparkling snapped at one of his fingers, growling. "kid if you bite me it will be the end of you. open." Ratchet ordered.

"so like, he can chew on things or he can completely shred things?" Sari ask.

"sort of." Optimus said, watching the medic. he gave her a better explanation as they watched Ratchet fight with the sparkling.

"if you damaged something I have to fix it you glitch! open your mouth before I weld it shut!" Ratchet warned. Bumblebee gave him a glare, but opened his mouth. Ratchet nodded once and took a better look. there were a few bent spikes, nothing Ratchet couldn't fix and he was prepared to get bit fixing them, but his fingers would be too big, hopefully he wouldn't chomp down on his tweezers too hard. he muttered and carried the sparkling towards his medbay.

"what about my leg?" Sentinel glared.

"fix it yourself. I'm just a lowly medic." Ratchet huffed walking off. he laid the sparkling on a berth and grabbed his tweezers. "open." Ratchet said. Bumblebee opened his mouth with a whine, the pain must've been setting in. Ratchet easily fixed the spikes, watching the sparkling bite on the tweezers when it hurt. "just take it easy kid. you know I'll fix you." Ratchet murmured. he paid no mind to the door opening, until a small hand touched his leg. he looked down. "Sari?" Ratchet ask.

"is Bee okay?" Sari ask.

"oh yeah. he'll be fine. just a couple bent spikes." Ratchet said, putting his tool away. Bumblebee sat up, servo in his mouth, teething on it quietly.

"so like Cybertronians don't have teething toys like humans do?" Sari ask.

"not really. we just kinda let them chew on whatever, things were made for sparklings to chew on though." Ratchet shrugged, scooping the sparkling up. immediately Bumblebee latched onto his chest armor, teething on it. "watch the window kid. I don't want to be pulling glass from you." Ratchet said. Bumblebee growled at him and continued to chew on his armor. it made a terrible metal scraping on metal sound, but Ratchet ignored it. "he usually uses the wrench, but I haven't seen it today." Ratchet said. Sari looked at the sparkling thoughtfully and ran off.

"bye Ratchet!" Sari said. Ratchet looked confused.

"bye kid." Ratchet muttered, raising an optic ridge. he shook his head and headed back to the main room. he pulled the sparkling away from his armor, afraid he was going to bite his windshield, and simply offered his servo instead. the sparkling latched onto his fingers growling. he sat back down beside Optimus. "he's not going back to sleep anytime soon." Ratchet said. "ow! you little slagger! if you don't quiet using your damn spikes on my fingers I'm gonna pull'em out!" Ratchet glared looking down at the sparkling in his arm. said sparkling had an uncomfortable look on his face gnawing away at Ratchets finger, growling lowly when the medic tried to pull his servo away.

"ain't there something you can give him to chew on other than your servo?" Bulkhead ask. the medic looked mildly surprised, he hadn't seen the big lug come in, but he hadn't been paying attention either.