Chapter 5

"right. sorry." Wheeljack muttered, walking back over to Ratchet. he patted the little sparkling on his helm. "sorry sparkling." Wheeljack said. Bumblebee chirped, sticking Ratchets wrench in his mouth, watching the sides of Wheeljacks head, enjoying the colors. he giggled happily.

"whats with the flashy panels?" Sari ask curiously.

"they tell his mood." Jazz said. "they used to just flash one color but Ratchet updated them because Wheeljack ask him too." Jazz added. Sari nodded. Bumblebee squealed as the inventor smiled at him.

"so if they're happy Bumblebee is happy?" Sari ask curiously.

"sort of. Ratchet can explain it to you." Jazz said. Sari walked over to him.

"how come if you're happy Bumblebee is happy?" Sari ask. Ratchet looked down at her.

"he's just happy in general. it's Bumblebee." Ratchet said.

"but his mood seems to change when yours changes." Sari said, sounding confused.

"sort of. its part of a bond. he's my sparkling but, since I'm bonded with Wheeljack he can feel us both. if one of us is happy, he'll be in a better mood. if we're angry or something, his in a bad mood. he still has his own feelings and everything he's just not old enough to understand how to block us out." Ratchet said. Sari looked confused. "watch." Ratchet said. he put Bumblebee down on the floor, taking the wrench from him. the sparkling gave an angry squeal and glared at him. Ratchet chuckled in amusement. he threw the wrench at Jazz.

"ow! hey!" Jazz glared. Bumblebee burst into giggles as Ratchet picked the wrench back up.

"his own emotion." Ratchet said. he swung the wrench at Wheeljack, who jumped back quickly, amused.

"oh bring it old man." Wheeljack smirk. Bumblebee squealed and giggled.

"Wheeljacks emotion." Ratchet said.

"how do you tell the difference?" Sari ask confused.

"thats harder to explain." Ratchet said. he handed the wrench back to his sparkling. he glared at Ratchet and snatched it back. "but thats a good example of it. say Wheeljacks happy, Primus knows he always is, if Bumblebee's in a bad mood..." Ratchet snatched the wrench from him, making him scream loudly. "but Wheeljacks happy," Ratchet said motioning to Wheeljack. the mech smiled and chuckled slightly, amused but clearly happy. the sparkling giggled slightly, but was still clearly mad. "he gets distracted." Ratchet said, handing him the wrench back. he squealed angrily, chirping and smack Ratchets leg with the wrench.

"how come it doesn't do that when he's older?" Sari ask confused.

"when you're older you can block it. he'll still feel it, but it makes room for him to have his own family." Wheeljack said. he scooped the sparkling up, nuzzling him. Bumblebee squealed and curled up to his chestplates, yawning. Ratchet reached over and rubbed the little sparklings horn gently, his engine purring quietly.

"get him out of here before Sentinel blows a gasket." Ratchet mumbled quietly. Wheeljack nodded and headed off to the medbay, carrying Bumblebee off. the sparkling whined, looking back at Ratchet and reached for him. Ratchet rolled his optics. "go with Wheeljack." Ratchet said. the sparkling teared up and sniffled.

"awww c'mon Ratch." Wheeljack teased. "besides he could probably use a cube and he won't let me feed him." he added.

"alright fine." Ratchet mumbled, following after him. they got to the medbay, where a small stack of cubes waited for them. the sparkling grade energon had to stay separate from the others, or some idiot might drink it, like Sentinel. "you said he wont eat for you?" Ratchet ask. Wheeljack shook his head and held a cube out to Bumblebee. the sparkling kicked it away. Ratchet chuckled. "he doesn't want you to hold it." Ratchet said.