Chapter 15: Relieved Of Everything

No. My vision hadn't begun to fade to black. It wasn't over yet.

It just couldn't be over yet.

"If KAITO can be a Captain Hook that fulfilled this role for at least a year or more, then I can do that, too!" I thought.

I started wriggling my arms around, trying to break free, just doing anything to get DEX and OLIVER off me.

And it slowly started to work.

The more I began to jerk my arm around, the more DEX and OLIVER couldn't hold on.

Eventually, I had jerked my right arm so hard that OLIVER somersaulted backwards. Dex was so shocked when he saw what happened, and while he was caught off guard, I managed to jerk my left arm upwards, causing my fist to punch DEX in the chin.

Gakupo had lifted himself off my ankles when he saw this, probably to switch positions if he was uncomfortable.

While he did this, I lifted my legs back before he could sit on my ankles again, and then launched them forward and hit Gakupo in the stomach, causing him to stumble and land onto the wooden floor on his rear. 

I stood up before any of them could restrain me again. I began taking a few steps backwards and noticed the lost boys getting up from the floor and slowly walking towards me, arms slightly outstretched as if they were going to tackle me again at any moment.

As for Mikuo? He also had his sword out and was slowly walking towards me.

Before any of them could get even closer, I placed my right hand on my sword's handle and pulled it out of its scabbard. I then held it in front of me as I continued to take another step back.

"Stay back!" I said.

"Why?" DEX asked as he and the others inched closer towards me.

"Because I'll slash you! I WILL. Don't think I won't." I said as I continued taking a few more steps backwards.

I really didn't want to, but if I had to attack them, I would. Trust me.

When I looked behind me, I noticed I was nearing the other side of the deck's wall. I stopped taking steps backwards and just decided to let them close around me.

Oh, they might not think I'll swing my sword, but I would. I didn't want to kill them, but I knew I'd have to get through to them somehow.

They'd just have to find out the hard way.

I noticed OLIVER getting closer to me. Once he thought he was close enough, he lunged at me, but I slashed my sword across his costume before he could get close.

Luckily for him, it was only his clothes that took the brunt of the attack. He didn't even get a scratch.

Which was really what I wanted.

Man, why did I launch those cannon balls again? I guess I was in over my head...

As predicted, Gakupo lunged at me next, but just like OLIVER, I slashed him in the middle of his costume.

Except I noticed a scratch this time, but he wasn't bleeding. Nothing too major.

And next was DEX. He actually managed to tackle me to the floor, but before the others could also tackle me, I raised my sword and slashed DEX'S right arm, and then his left arm. I noticed a cut on both of his arms, but just like Gakupo, they were light scratches.

I raised myself up and stood up on both feet. DEX wasn't giving up.

I once again attacked him with my sword, making a horizontal cut on his costume like with all the others.