Chapter 7: No Longer Peaceful

"Len....Len...." Some voice rang around in this pitch black void. 

You guessed it. It was another one of those weird, red, long coated adult dreams.

"Yeah? Who's there?" I said into the darkness.

"How are you doing?" The voice asked.

"...Huh?" I said. I asked this person who they were. It's not like I was expecting them to ask me how I was doing.

I waited for another minute or two. I got no response.

"I'm fine, I guess." I finally said after about another minute.

"That's all I wanted to hear." The voice said.

".....Why?" I asked.

No response. I was starting to get tired of this.

"Okay, that's it. Tell me why you keep being silent except for when I answer your questions." I said as I crossed my arms.

"It's nothing against you, Len." The voice said.

"It'd be weird if it was." I blurted out.

Another awkward silence followed.

"Len, do you know why you're having this kinds of dreams lately?" The voice asked.

"Isn't it just because dreams are weird?" I asked.

Because seriously. Some dreams are very questionable.

"I get what you mean, but no. These dreams are about something else." The voice said.

"Like what? Foreshadowing?" I asked.

".....Did you just break the fourth wall?"

"What fourth wall?" I asked.

"Never mind. Anyway, you'll eventually find out why you're having these kinds of dreams." The voice said.

"I sure hope so, but honestly, I just thought my dreams were getting really weird." I said.

"Again, I understand what you mean, but no."

"So anyway, who are you?" I asked.

"No one special." The voice said.

"No one special? Oh, come on. You've got to be at least a little special." I said.

"Everyone is, aren't they? Anyway, Len, the time will come when you finally understand what these dreams mean." The voice said.

And then I no longer heard the voice anymore. After that, it was like it wasn't even there in the first place.

"I get that, but when?" I asked myself as I stared around the black void in confusion, probably trying to figure out a possible way out.

If there even was one.

That was when I noticed what looked like a door very far in front of me.

I began to walk towards it, but it seemed like nothing was happening, so I ran.

Turns out I was getting closer to it, but I just couldn't tell.

I was in front of the door before I knew it. I put my hand on the doorknob and twisted it, then pushed the door in front of me.

I was greeted with a bright-very bright-white light as I shielded my eyes.

"Why is it so bright?!" I said as I closed my eyes.

When I opened them back up, I was awake.

And I wasn't older anymore.

"Man, I just don't understand these strange dreams...." I muttered as I sat up in my bed and looked out the small window of my room.