Chapter 9: Here's Something New

Rin's POV
"Rin....Rin..." A voice called to me.

It seemed vaguely familiar, but at the same time, I knew I had never heard the voice before. Who, or what, could it be?

"Yeah? What?" I said as I looked around a completely white void, empty of life.

"Rin." Someone said. I saw a long, blue boot form out of nowhere, and black jeans followed.

Whoever was talking to me was being formed right in front of me.

I watched as a white ruffled shirt and a long, red, open trenchcoat with golden trim was formed in front of me.

Next was the face. The character had an eyepatch over his right eye and was wearing a black pirate hat.

The left eye was a blue eye and the hair was blonde, but.....it looked like it was pulled back in a ponytail, but somewhat long.

And then I noticed the hook on the left hand.

Wait.

Blue eyes?

Blonde hair?

Blonde hair in a ponytail?

Was that Len?

No...it couldn't be. 

But there was only one way to know. I had to ask him.

"Len?" I asked as I flew over to the pirate. The pirate nodded.

"Of course it's me, Rin." He said.

I knew it! But that didn't mean I wasn't a little shocked.

"But what happened!? How did it happen!?" I said.

Wait, what? I should already know how Len became Captain Hook. I run this place, for Pete's sake!

"Calm down and shut up, Rin. Actually, I should be thanking you. I like this new me." Len said as he observed himself.

I'm sorry, did he just say he likes himself? But he didn't even want to be an adult! That's why I took him to Neverland in the first place, and he even wanted to come!

So I'll admit it.

I got a little frustrated when he said he liked himself.

"Did I hear you correctly? Did you just say you like yourself?" I asked.

"Yes, you heard me right." Len said calmly.

"B-But you said you didn't even want to become an adult! That's why you're here in the first place!" I said.

I knew it was just a dream, but dang, why was I so bent over this one boy? 

When I think about it now, I realized I cared about him more than the other Peter Pan's I had, and for some strange reason, Len just spoke to me.

I think I saw myself in him.

Seeing myself in someone else, let alone a boy? Crazy, right?

I sighed.

"Len, don't make this choice! You remind me of myself!" I said.

Len just shrugged.

"Too bad, Rin."

"Can't you stay as Peter Pan for a little while longer?" I asked.

Len shook his head.

"No way. I've already made up my mind, and not you or anyone else is gonna change that."

A tiny bit of frustration returned when he said that.

"And besides, being Captain Hook is actually kinda fun. It's different." Len said.