Chapter 56

That night, Jake, now pretty much liberated from his sexual frustration, walks to the bar, holding Nick's hand. He watches as their intertwined hands swing in between then and almost giggles like some college girl with her crush.

Today has taught him that Nick would never, like never ever, abandon Jake because he has feelings for him. He expected Nick to be awkward or even angry when he had the "tiny problem" but never in his life had he expected Nick's reaction to be like this. And yet, it was good. Jake's frustration is already much less, unlike with his one night stands this one action of Nick has calmed the raging war of hormones inside Jake. At least for today.

And Nick kissed him! A simple peck on the lips, but that makes it even more special. The emotion Jake felt when Nick kissed his forehead, cheeks and lips was different, bigger, greater. At that moment, it wasn't something that was a part of something physical, or sex. To him, it was now... Nick.

Jake is now one thousand percent sure that he is completely into Nick. 

'You can't stop smiling, huh?' Nick remarks, a smile sounding in his voice. 

Jake nods giddily. 'I'm just... really happy.'

'Because of that one blowjob?' Nick asks. 'Sometimes I don't understand you at all. You were whining about how no one could help you get rid of your sexual frustration and thirty minutes later you're all satisfied. Maybe I was just so horrible that I've ruined sex for you.'

'No, not at all!' Jake contradicts. 'I guess I'm just now discovering how awesome sex can really be. Sometimes, a little bit is just enough, you know?'

'Yeah sure, you're weird.' Nick laughs.

'Love you too.' Jake squeezes Nick's hand. 'But tell me, I want to know what it's like to be the giving person. Because getting a blowjob is never a problem, but giving one... seems a bit scary.'

Nick chuckles. 'Scary? No, not really. I love giving. And I love you. So it's not a problem for me at all.'

Now, Jake is blushing. "I love you." It's the second time this week when Nick tells him that. Usually, he doesn't really say stuff like that. He's really different lately.

Soon, they reach the bar and Nick pushes the door open with his free hand. Jake quickly pulls his hand away from Nick's. He doesn't want to put Nick in an uncomfortable position with some drunk homophobes at the bar. 

Nick goes to the back of the bar to get his apron and cap and Jake waits for him at the bar.

'Jake!' a high-pitched and breathy voice sounds, and Lisa drops down on the bar stool next to him. Lisa has long blonde hair, a huge energy level, an authentic clothing style and Jake has shared the bed with her more than just a few times. She was very refreshing and Jake had not been able to get tired of her easily. And he truly likes her. They have shared interesting conversations multiple times, and Lisa is very interested in him as well.

'I missed you!' she exclaims as she throws her arms around his neck.

'I missed you too.' Jake pets her back. 'How are you?'

'Oh, I'm pretty fine.' She giggles. 'But I think I need a really good f*ck, or I may not be fine anymore.'

Before Jake can even react, she has leaned in and is kissing him. He doesn't know what to do. Rejecting Shamila was easy, but Lisa is also a friend of his and he doesn't want to hurt her.

But then, as he glances past her, he sees Nick. Nick, who comes in with a smile, but that smile falters as he sees Jake and Lisa and freezes as if he just became a statue.

Jake pushes Lisa off him and pulls her away from Nick's sight by her wrist.

'I'm sorry, I can't help you.' he tells Lisa.

She frowns. 'Why not, Jake?'

'I...' Jake gulps. 'I've fallen for someone.'

'And..?' Lisa asks. Even though her expression is confused, she seems to understand him a bit as well. 

'I want that person to know I am serious about them.' 

'But if you make sure they don't see you...'

'No.' Jake interrupts her. 'I want to devote myself to him completely. He deserves my everything.'

'Are you gay?' Lisa asks. 'Him? He?'

'I don't know what I am.' Jake combs his hair with his hand. 'I just know I love him. And I want to be his for the rest of my life. So I'm sorry, Lisa. From now on, I wish for there to be nothing more between us than friendship.'

Lisa is quiet and looks down. After some time she looks up again, her eyes glossy, and nods. 'Okay, Jake. But give me some time. I... I had feelings for you. I still do. I wanted to try and tell you soon, but I guess I am too late now. It's not wrong that you are in love. I hope you willl be more successful than me.'

'Oh... I'm sorry, I had no idea.' Jake apologizes, feeling bad for her.

'It's not your fault.' She sniffs, then combs her hair back. 'Will he take care of you well though?'

'He already does.' Jake smiles softly upon thinking back of everything Nick has done for him.

'Aww, you're really in love.' Lisa smiles. 'So he takes good care of you, what is holding you back? Claim him before someone else does. Life goes way too fast to just stand still. Off you go!' Lisa pokes Jake's back. 'Don't worry about me, I'll be fine.'

'Thank you, Lisa.' Jake hugs her for a moment, and then hurries back to the bar. 'Nick, I'm back. Can I have an Ice Tea?'

With a curt nod, Nick goes to work. His expression is stoic, and Jake already misses the soft gaze that Nick has reserved for him.

'Nick, it wasn't like that.' he starts when Nick places the glass in front of him. 'Lisa kissed me, I did not expect it and then...'

'Jake, you don't need to explain yourself to me.' Nick interrupts him. 'I have nothing to do with your sex life. You can go back to her, I'm working.'

Like the wine bottle that was the start of the hurricane of feelings the last days have been, Jake's heart shatters in a thousand pieces right there and then as his happiness, that was already way too good to be true, collapses. 

Jake now understands the destructive power of words.

***

Word count: 1085

***

At one point in life you just have to learn that you can't rely on one person all the time :/