Ch30 - Big Store Owner

This abrupt sentence awakened the group of shocked trainee carvers.

The student who most questioned Rong Mingshi clenched his fists and said, "Teacher, the purpose of carving energy stones is to activate the power inside. This energy stone is so flashy but it can only be used as an ornament. What is the use of the vividness? A manor's stone sculptor can do this. I still suspect that Classmate Rong's energy detector has a problem. I am asking Teacher to test it with another instrument."

It was like waking up from a dream. The empire's beastmen knew that if perception wasn't used to activate the energy stone, the carving process would be much easier. An average gardener or robot housekeeper could do it. Thus, there was another uproar in the classroom.

"Yes Teacher, the activated energy is the point. A false appearance means nothing!"

"Teacher, test it again!"

"Don't talk about 100% activation. It is actually 0% activated, right?"

However, Professor Phillier had no doubts about this beast-shaped student. He had successfully advanced to a senior carver and had some vision. He wasn't like these ignorant students in their 20s. It was just that in order to avoid the power in the carvings from influencing the classroom, special devices were placed to cover the energy of the power stone. The students couldn't see that the energy overflowing from the energy stone was full.

The low-grade energy stone in front of Student Rong completely upended Professor Phillier's original knowledge of energy stone carving. Over the years, he promoted his skills by relying on mid and expensive high-grade energy stones. He never thought about going back to carve low-grade energy stones. Professor Phillier took a breath and walked to Rong Mingshi. He solemnly stated, "Student Rong, I apologize for the doubts I just had!" He paused before continuing seriously, "Excuse me, can you sell me this carving?"

"...!"

The words once again silenced everyone in the classroom as they looked incredulously at their teacher. What was their tutor saying? Apologizing? Sell? Professor Phillier, who just advanced to become a senior carver, was one of the most promising carvers in the college. Yet he wanted to buy this flashy energy stone? The work of a student who wasn't even qualified as a trainee carver? Wasn't this a legendary college professor who had eyes higher than the top?

The little leopard raised his thick paws and pointed to the emperor penguin. "Instructor, this carving isn't your beast shape. It will be of no use to you."

Professor Phillier coughed with some shyness and said, "Student Rong, your work touched me a lot. I'm not buying it for mania but... I want a deeper understanding."

As Professor Phillier was talking, the door of the classroom was pushed open. It was the famous elegant gentleman of the college, the fourth vice-president whose beast form was an emperor penguin. The fourth vice-president entered and nodded slightly at all the classmates. He spoke in a gentle voice, "I'm sorry to bother you students."

Then he walked in Rong Mingshi's direction.

"..."

All the students of Class 3 of the trainee carvers looked at the vice-president who suddenly came over with a bit of confusion. It was strange. The vice-president had obviously come over in human form. Why did they seem to see the shaking shape of the emperor penguin? Everyone inevitably looked at the emperor penguin energy stone on Rong Mingshi's desk.

...This was the vice-president! The fourth vice-president stood in front of Rong Mingshi and greeted Professor Phillier. "Good morning, Phillier. Sorry to disturb you."

The corners of Professor Phillier's mouth twitched. "Good morning."

Then the fourth vice-president smiled at the little leopard. "Student Rong, you carved my beast shape. Please sell this to me."