Chapter 19: Validation

A month later and the Oscars are only one day away and Liara comes home from a dress fitting for the ceremony.

I'm home!

How did it go?

Great! Krista has been making things for me for years so she has my size down perfectly.

Are you going to do a little fashion show for me?

I know how much you like those but no, you're going to have to wait.

Look at you being coy... you're such a tease.

Me, a tease? I have no idea what you're talking about...

Fine, be that way.

Liara walks up to Isaac and gives him a playfull kiss.

Don't worry, it's going to be worth the wait.

It always is. Does that mean you're fully prepared for the award show?

Yup, I have everything I need.

Really? I haven't seen you write your speech...

Liara sists down on the couch.

That's because I didn't write one.

Why not?!

I love how much you believe in me but it's not like I actually have a chance to win...

Isaac lets out a sigh and shakes his head in disappointment.

There you go again, selling yourself short.

Liara raises her eyebrows.

Do you honestly think I have a chance?

I do. Actually, a lot of people do. So do me a favor and just write one.

Liara rolls her eyes.

Fine... I guess I could take a couple of minutes to write something down.

Isaac kisses her on the cheek.

Thank you.

The next day, it's finally time for the big night and Isaac is waiting for Liara to get ready.

Tadaa!

Isaac turns around to see Liara strike a pose in a burgundy gown with a split that exposes most of her right leg and his jaw drops but no sounds escapes his mouth.

The look on you face says I nailed it again!

Isaac regains consciousness.

Sweet baby Jesus, you weren't kidding when you said it wouldn't disappoint!

Isaac spins her around and takes a good look at her.

Every time I think that you couldn't possibly look more beautiful, but somehow you always manage to step it up.

Liara blushes.

Glad you like it but enough staring, we have to get going.

As they arrive at the red carpet it starts dawning on Isaac that pretty much all of the biggest stars in the world are going to be there and he starts having a bit of a panic attack.

Are you ok?

I'm not sure... it feels like I have a weight on my chest all of a sudden.

It's the same as when we were at the premiere, that wasn't so bad right?

True but there weren't so many famous people there...

Just take a couple of deep breaths and hold my hand. Do you trust me?