Chapter 22: family bonding time

It's Friday morning a week later and Liara wakes Isaac up.

Good morning sleepyhead!

You did your hair and makeup... did I forget about something?

Your sisters are going to be here in about an hour.

Isaac gets up in a panic.

I totally forgot that was today!

Liara laughs.

I can see that. Don't worry, just take a shower and I'll make you some breakfast.

Thanks!

Isaac takes a shower and joins Liara for breakfast. Just as they're done the intercom rings.

Hello?

It's Marissa and Claire!

Come on up, you can ask the person at the front desk for help if you need it!

Minutes later they knock on the door and Isaac opens up.

Welcome girls, how was the trip?

Mostly fine, L.A. traffic is crazy though!

Yeah, that's not something you really get used to.

Liara joins them and hugs the girls.

Are you two excited?

You bet!

Isaac, how about you put their bags in the guest room while I show them around?

While Isaac takes their things upstairs Liara takes them into the livingroom.

Claire walks over to the window.

Oh my god... we're so high up!

Marissa spots the framed photograph on the wall of Liara with entire cast from New Elements.

Claire you have to see this!

Wow... that's such an incredible picture!

Liara walks over to them.

That was taken on the final day we spent together on set. I'm smiling in the picture but I cried a lot that day.

I can imagine, that was ten years of your life.

I invited them all to the wedding by the way, so you can meet them if you want.

Marissa and Claire hold hands.

I can't believe that this is our life now!

Isaac joins them and puts his arm around Liara.

I've told myself the same thing multiple times.

The rest of the day they hang out and get to know each other better, this is after all the first time they can actually sit down and talk properly. After dinner they take a seat on the couch.

What do you girls want to do now?

Claire perks up.

Could we watch Vendetta maybe? I'm only sixteen so I wasn't allowed to see it in theaters...

Of course, go put on something comfortable and we'll meet back here in five minutes.

When Isaac walks back into the livingroom he finds all three girls sitting on the couch in onesies and he bursts out laughing.

What's so funny?

Here we are, ready to watch one of the most badass movies of all time filled with violence... and you three are sitting there looking adorable in your onesies.