Chapter 27: big life changes

It's a month later and the truck with Valery's things has arrived. As planned Liara's parents have come down from Oregon to help out with the move.

Thanks for helping me today everybody.

That's what family is for. It had been a while since we came down to visit so it was a win-win.

Liara gets in between Cass and Valery.

How about us girls take care of the small stuff indoors while we leave unloading the heavy stuff to the boys.

Jordan shakes his head.

That's equality for you...

Liara sticks out tongue and walks inside.

Isaac pushes Jordan towards the truck.

Stop complaining, Liara isn't supposed to be lifting heavy things anyway.

David gives Isaac a questioning look.

Isaac immediately realizes that he almost spilled the beans about Liara being pregnant.

Liara was sick a couple days ago and she had to rest... nothing serious.

Luckily David believes him and doesn't ask any further questions.

The rest of the day goes according to plan. Cass and Valery team up to make dinner together, afterwards everybody takes a seat in the living room for a drink and to unwind after the days physical labor.

Thanks again for helping me out today, I'm excited to finally live closer to all of you and for what's to come.

Isaac and Liara look at each other and realize that it's time to reveal their secret.

Speaking of what's to come...

Isaac motions to Liara to go ahead and make the announcement.

About a month ago I started feeling sick. When we went to the hospital for the charity day with the kids, it presented me with the perfect opportunity to get myself checked out. Guess who's a doctor there now mom?

Cass shrugs.

I don't know.

Remember Katie?

The one that lived down the street before you moved to L.A.?

Yup, that's the one.

That's a pleasant surprise.

I asked her to take a look at me but we couldn't find anything, so we did a blood test.

Isaac gives her a nudge.

Come on, stop stalling.

David grows a bit concerned.

What was the diagnosis?!

I wasn't sick at all... I'm pregnant.

They all look at Liara as if their brains can't process the information they were just presented with.

I think you broke them...

Jordan puts his drink down.

Are you serious?

Isaac nods.

We probably had an "accident" during our honeymoon.

Ha! I knew you guys spent the majority of the time in bed.

Valery slaps Jordan against the back of his head.

Don't be so vulgar! ...I'm going to be a grandma?