Chapter 21: let the preparations begin!

A couple days later Isaac comes home from running errands and Liara is in a skype call with Cass and Valery.

Hello ladies, what are you up to?

Just planning stuff for the wedding, any idea for a date?

Maybe on our anniversary?

That would be perfect!

Cass clears her throat to get Liara's attention.

Honey, I don't want to burst your bubble but your anniversary is in two months and that's a very short time to plan a wedding...

Valery nods in agreement.

I have to agree with Cass on this dear, that's a lot of work and the last thing we want is you burning yourself out.

Isaac puts his hand on Liara's.

I didnt think about that... I don't want you to stretch yourself to thin, maybe we should get some help?

Like a wedding planner? Involving a stranger in my wedding... I don't know about that.

Honey, what about Gina? She's used to planning events anyway.

Liara facepalms.

We forgot to tell Gina about our engagement...

Cass starts laughing.

That's going to be awkward.

Probably... but you're right, she's perfect for planning the wedding. I'll drop by her office tomorrow.

Great, let us know if we can help with anything!

Ok, we will!

Afternoon the next day Liara arrives at Gina's office.

There's my favorite client!

Good to see you Gina.

Take a seat. And before I forget, congrats on the award!

Thank you for always being there for me when I needed you.

All part of the job. It's still nice to hear it though, what brings you here?

I have some news.

Liara holds her hand up to show the engagement ring.

That is indeed news! I'm happy for you, when is the big day?

In about two months.

That's soon, how is the planning going?

Krista is working on my dress and is my maid of honor, Isaac's sisters are the bridesmaids, Isaac's brother is his best man and that's pretty much it...

Gina gives Liara a confused look.

You're kidding, right?

I wish I was... mom brought up the idea of asking you for help. With all your experience planning events, if you're willing of course.

We're practically family, you don't even have to ask. Let's start at the beginning, how many guests?

Not that many. My parents, Isaac's mom and brother of course. Isaac's father, his wife and two sisters. You and Krista...

Anybody from the industry?

Oh right! My castmates from New Elements and I want to invite Fenton.

That's nice of you, so a capacity of fifty?

That should be good. With some extended family fifty should be enough, I don't want to overdo it.

Any thought about location?