Chapter 25: honeymoon in paradise?

The newlyweds are on the airplane to Florida.

I'm so excited! After spending a long weekend with everybody some alone time is just what we need.

Isaac kisses her hand.

Couldn't agree more. But how alone will we actually be?

What do you mean?

It's a popular place so there might be a lot of people around, some of them might have a camera... if you know what I mean?

You don't have to worry about paparazzi, I booked us a little house with a gate and a private beach. The house itself is far away from the street so nobody is even going to know that we're there.

That's perfect. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, you're used to this stuff after all.

They arrive at the house and unpack, afterwards they decide to go sunbathe for a while and rest.

Shortly after Liara lays down Isaac joins her and pulls out the suntan lotion.

I think you forgot something.

Liara sits back up and Isaac puts lotion on her back.

I see what you did there by the way.

What do you mean?

You were just looking for an excuse to touch me.

I guess you saw right through my masterplan.

There's no fooling me.

Silly me. I went through all that trouble of dating you for a year, I even married you. Had I known that a bottle of suntan lotion would have been all it took for me to get my hands all over you then I could have saved myself a lot of trouble.

Very funny...

A couple minutes later Liara decides it's time for a little revenge for Isaac's joke, she sits back up and takes her bikini top off. Isaac is of course surprised.

Is something wrong?

No... I'm just surprised, that's all.

It's not like you haven't seen them before.

That doesn't make the view any less... pleasant.

You're so cute when you're struggling to find words.

Liara puts some lotion on her hands and starts rubbing it on her chest.

Oh come on, now you're just being cruel!

Liara tries to contain her laughter and gives him a mischievous smile.

What do you mean?

You doing that is almost torture.

Liara lays back down with a satisfied smile on her face.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Then you leave me no choice, I'll have to show you.

Isaac picks Liara up and carries her inside while she giggles and throws her onto the bed.

The next morning they're having breakfast together outside when Liara gets a phone call.

Hey Gina! Miss me already?

I don't want to be rude but we have ourselves a situation, have you seen the usual gossip sites?

No... why would I look at celebrity gossip?

Isaac immediately grabs his phone, and types Liara's name into Google. When he sees the top result, he hands Liara his phone.

On screen is an article titled "Liara Mcdeeny exposed". Liara clicks on it and there's are some photos of her topless on the beach from yesterday.

Liara, is it you in the pictures?

Yes... it's me.

Gina lets out a sigh.

That's not good, how do you want to handle this?

How about we start by suing the hell out of whoever is responsible!

We can to that, but then it would also confirm that it is indeed you and we would lose plausible deniability.

You're right, I didn't think of that.

Meanwhile Isaac is taking a closer look at the pictures and motions to get Liara's attention.

Put Gina on speaker.

Hey Isaac.

Gina, do me a favor and take a close look at the pictures.

Ok... what am I looking for?

Zoom in, is it just me or is the picture quality too low to make out our faces?

Let me check... I think you're right. You can't really tell that it's you guys, it's way too pixelated.

Liara takes a look herself and lets out a sigh of relief.

Do you want me to issue and official statement that it's not you?

Yes, but also say something along the lines that I condemn what they do and that it's deplorable that they would even consider this sort of invasion of people's privacy.

I'll get right on that, you two enjoy yourselves.

We'll try... talk to you later.

As soon as she hangs up Liara lets out a sound that is a mix of both anger and frustration.

Isaac goes over to her and tries to calm her down.

They won't even leave me alone on my damn honeymoon!!!

I know, but how about we just focus on us and ignore the negative stuff.

You're right, we can't change it anyway. I just needed to get that frustration out of my system.

How about a massage? So you can relax and get all of that stress out of your body.

I would like that very much, thank you.

Over the next couple days, they do what newlyweds do on a honeymoon and enjoy every minute they have together.