iv

The Umbrella Academy is not mine. 

________ o ☂️ o ________

We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals

iii

"And there goes Ben's statue."

________ o ☂️ o ________

AFTER MOVING PAST THE INITIAL SHOCK of Five's reappearance- well, the others may have moved past their initial shock, Halyn was still struggling make sense of her conflicting emotions- the long-lost teleporter had made a beeline for the kitchen, m...

AFTER MOVING PAST THE INITIAL SHOCK of Five's reappearance- well, the others may have moved past their initial shock, Halyn was still struggling make sense of her conflicting emotions- the long-lost teleporter had made a beeline for the kitchen, muttering something about how he was hungry and could use some coffee, and everyone was quick to chase after him, desperate for answers of any sort.

Halyn had somehow gotten placed in a chair closest to Five, and she fidgeted awkwardly as he placed a cutting board down on the end of the dining table. At the opposite end, Klaus sat on the table, with Allison and Diego flanking either side of him. Vanya and Luther were sat in chairs in front of their siblings, with Halyn besides Vanya and Juliet leaning on Diego's side.

They all watched Five expectantly, waiting for answers, but the teen didn't seem like he was in any rush to give his friends and family any sort of explanation.

"What's the date? The exact date?" He posed a question instead, walking towards the cabinet besides the fridge. Five grabbed a loaf of bread, pulling out a few slices and placing them on the cutting board as Vanya answered his question.

"The twenty-fourth."

"Of what?" Five's tone was a bit snappy.

"March." Juliet was the one to answer this time, arms folded over her chest.

Five nodded his head, looking momentarily contemplative, "Good."

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther voiced, only for Five to ignore him as he continued to make his sandwich. Halyn glanced over her shoulder, sharing a look with Vanya, and Luther clenched his fists, "It's been twelve and a half years." He climbed to his feet, towering well above his younger brother, who glanced up at him with a small sneer.

"It's been a lot longer than that." Five scoffed.

Without another word, he turned and teleported past Luther, who blinked at the sudden bright light, and Five reappeared behind him to rummage through another kitchen cabinet.

"I haven't missed that." The spaceman sarcastically muttered, and Halyn slumped further in her seat.

"Where'd you go?" Diego questioned, and Five pulled down a bag of marshmallows.