Chapter IV

~○Chapter IV○~

𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 bowls of hot steaming chicken were placed neatly on the small dining table. I and Nen-nen sat side beside while he sat across us. He was big...and the table was kinda too small for him but thankfully the chair holds his weight. His height didn't help either. He had to hunch down a bit.

The sound of slurping was filled in the room.

I could feel the awkwardness that he had to endure and it was my fault for inviting him in for lunch. It was so unexpected of me to do so. Is it really because of him?

" The soup taste wonderful, (Y/n)-San." He piped up, breaking the tension between us. Blood came coloured my cheeks.

" Thank you. It's a family recipe or more like a remedy for flu and fever. But I like to say is that a cure for homesick." Smiling softly. " Homesick?"

I watched Nen-nen happily eating her bowl. " Yes...I um...kinda feel homesick because I'd missed the days where we were still together."

He placed his spoon down.

" By we, do you indicate as in your sister?"

" Yeah...She didn't have time for me up until now. Our schedule kinda messed up. Plus, if I were to visit her, I'll be coming into an empty house." I laughed dryly at my jokes. Korosensei seems to be concerned but let it go.

" Uncle/aunt (y/n)...can I play your computer?" My shining star asked me, showing her empty bowl. I nodded and the girl squealed, dashed to my bedroom. I and Korosensei chuckled with amusement at her excitement.

I stood up and grabbed the empty dishes, putting them in the sink.

" Ah, Korosensei?" The yellow octopus paused and looked at me.

" Do you have a moment?"

He nodded and went to sit in the living room while I finished up the washing. As I was done, I joined him...sitting beside him. I could feel his body heat radiating and the familiar sensation came shooting towards my core.

Oh god, why now?

" Uh, I wanted to talk to you about...t-the Irina incident." His face went pink and his tentacles flaring in defence. " (Y/n)-San! I swear I didn't do anything out of the ordinary to her!" I tried not to laugh at his child-like demeanour and focused.

" You swore? Because if you think you could just do something like to someone without consent, then I'll kill you myself. Especially the students. You did your oath, keep that in mind." I pointed my finger at him. He nodded furiously, still pink.

But then it went to the green stripes now.

" You'll kill me? Oh, (Y/n)-San, what happened to be a pacifist?" He smirked. This bastard-

" Being in human rights, I have the switch to not being a pacifist. Human laws. I'll admit I'll regret it later but it was for the greater good."

He chuckled and I slowly followed suit. He wouldn't touch them. I know. But it wouldn't hurt to not tell him. Korosensei's eyes went darting back to the room. Admiring the architecture...and then stopped on a particular picture that was hanging on the wall quietly.

" Who's that?"

I followed his gaze and saw the memorial of Aguri, the sticks still emitting smoke.

" That...is Aguri. My best friend. She died two months ago. I-" tears escaped from my eyes. Korosensei looked alarmed and grabbed a tissue. " Sorry...is hard to lose someone you loved, she had been a good friend to me...almost like a family. I had a crush on her but she was engaged."

Korosensei sat there quietly, listening.

" On that fateful day, the building collapsed, I ran, as fast as I could- but...I was too late." The memories of the staff covered with black plastics bags...That fucking prick left her...and her sister's hand covered in blood.

The painful clouds of sadness emerged at the back of my head and Nen-nen's and Korosensei's voices brought me back.

" Uncle/aunt! Are you okay?" She asked, placing her hands on my knee. I cracked a smile and hugged her.

" I should be going...perhaps we could talk about this another time maybe? I'll be glad to listen." He offered but something in his voice tells me he's been hiding the same pain as mine. What clicked inside my head was that...he understands me. He excused himself and used the front door like a gentleman.

" Nen-nen...I think I need to lay down, will you be alright?"

" Of course Uncle/aunt, if I'm hungry, I'll reheat the soup you made." She said. I sighed with relief and went to my bedroom. Laying down on the soft pillow. Before I even knew it, I fell back into my sleepless dream. I woke up...feeling heavy, hot and dizzy.

" Shit..." my voice was raw from both sleeping and having a fever. I need to check Nen-nen.

I got up and almost lost balance. I opened the door and saw Nii-chan with her. " Nee-chan..?"

She heard me and went to hug me.

" Is everything alright? Nen-nen opened the door for me. I was surprised to see her answered instead of yo- Oh my goodness, you're burning up!" Her soft hand touched my forehead and I hissed at how cold her hands were. " Apparently...why are you here?"

She smiled, " I've done with my interview, they say I could leave early which means I can go back to America."

I blinked at the sudden news. Wow. I'm alone again. Ah well.

" Did it went well?" I forced a smile and sat on the couch. Her smile went wider and joined with me. " It went fantastic! They did ask for you too...but I told them you were busy."

We chatted for about an hour until she has to leave. " Make sure you eat your medicine and eat your greens too!" Shutting the door behind her with my niece. I chuckled and wobbled back to my comfy couch. As I laid down, I grabbed the phone on the coffee table and checked it.

No notifications. Wonderful.

I sighed and was about to close my eyes when I remembered the unknown number. I saved it and typed; 'Yellow Cephalopoda'.

How am I supposed to go to school tomorrow with this stupid fever?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Stay tuned and do vote if you enjoy my story!