Chapter XIV

•~Chapter XIV~•

𝑴𝒚 smile vanished and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion at that statement. "Aguri? What do you mean?"

The room was quiet and you could hear a pin drop from a distance; Korosensei shifted a bit beneath me and cupped my face.

"I...."

I titled my head, "Hey, if this is about me still not getting over Aguri, rest assured, she's fine with this...besides I love you." I gently said, placing small kisses on his pads. But his face was written with something I do not know. Beyond me.

"You don't understand..."

"What do you mean? If it's something you're afraid then help me to understand better." My fingers stroked his left cheek. He looked like he was about to cry...no, feared about something.

"I'm the one who made the building collapsed. I'm the one who they've been experimenting on. I'm the one that causes Aguri's death."

I froze...I could hear my heartbeat pounding against my ears, suddenly my dried throat and breathing had become uneven. He continued.

"Aguri was the one who kept an eye on me when they had inserted a strange liquid inside my veins and they-" he stopped mid-sentence, looking at me with wide eyes.

"You...what?" I asked.

He didn't want to finish it but when he looked at my now wet face...slowly explaining his story.

"You see...I'm once human, who's been thriving to live in this world. I worked my way as the youngest, skilful assassin. But I got caught...by an unknown party. Strained me and tested some chemicals in me. The head of the party was Yanagisawa. Aguri's abusive fiancee."

"..."

"Been locked up for god knows how long but Aguri made the passing days interesting. Her sense of fashion is questionable but it's her. Telling me all her stories with her students...then, I fell in love."

He smiled softly, then his tentacles went holding my hands.

"Aguri talked about you a lot in our little session. Saying that you're the most adorable person she had ever met. Telling me she had a small crush on you and I would tease her about that. But eventually, she had also confessed her feelings to me and you."

I held my breath, this was all too much for me. Especially when I'm tipsy.

"I don't understand...what makes you say that you're the one who causes her death?" I shakily asked him. He went still.

"I...Yanagisawa injected more of the chemicals in me and it had become unstable. Aguri knew. She knew this would happen. So, we shared our feelings and I went..well, berserk."

"Once I was out of my containment, I had planned to kill him but he...had come prepared. I had managed to scratch him a little but Aguri...she saw the trap that had triggered specifically for me and jumped in to save me. The bullet penetrant through her lower body. With my new speed, I couldn't even save her."

Memories of Yanagisawa lost his left eye haunts me.

"That happened...I held her in my arm." Korosensei said, tears streaming down his face.

"She even told me if I get the chance to meet you, telling you that she loved you." My heart skipped a beat. Involuntarily, I hugged him for comfort.

We both stayed still for half an hour but it felt right.

"Thank you...thank you for telling me this." I croaked. He gently cradled me and we somehow fell asleep in each other's arms.

We just have to deal with this tomorrow. Together.

Sunrise peeking through the thin curtain and my alarm went off. I groaned and felt something wrapping me. I fluttered my eyes opened and hissed when the light came burning through my retina.

After a few seconds, my vision cleared and saw the yellow octopus sleeping beside me.

"Korosensei..."

He hummed and snuggled deeper against me. I giggled and poked his face.

"Korosensei...it's time for school." That had woke the fuck up for the yellow Cephalopoda. "Oh goodness me! You should get ready too, (Y/n)-san! Today is the big day for the children!"

He zoomed up and managed to brush my hair and cleaned my tears stained face. I blinked and laughed. "Woah, slow down there."

We both managed to get on time to school. The students were assembled in the school Hall. The tension and pressure had built in the atmosphere. I looked at the class and saw gloomy faces. I bit my lips and walked towards them. Nagisa and Okajima saw me.

"Hey, there buds...how are ya' holding up?"

"Great, (Y/n)-sensei....a little pressured that's all."

I frowned, "Hey, you're going to score this. I believe in all of you."

That somehow lifted them a bit from the heavy tension. The other classes looked my way, whispering.

"Besides. You'll are better than the rest." I said rather loudly causing their opponents to glare at me. Teach them a lesson. "Best of luck guys!" I walked back to the rest of the staff. Standing beside Korosensei.

"That was bold of you."

I grinned, "Thanks~ They fucking deserve it."

"My, my, such a foul language to use there~"

I laughed and looked at Karasuma and Irina giving their wishes and blessing to the children.

This is fine.

Best of luck kiddos. Defeat those fucking snobbish people.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Stay tuned and vote!